MAWSON LAKES CARP COMP

Friday, yes Friday, the 9th Octoberin an attempt to clear the Carp from the Lake systemcontact Christine Harvey 82580862 to register your interest1st prize $75 voucher for instore use at Salisbury Tackleworld2nd prize $50 voucher as above3rd prize $25 voucher as aboveso far 72 entries, so be quickFinatic

Dont get too excited fellas, its in the greenfields wetlands according to my information not the main lakes & you have to register before the event.Taken from "Aged to Perfection" (a local newspaper from the City of Salisbury)FISHING CONTEST9am -12pmGREENFIELDS WETLANDSSalisbury Highway(map will be sent to all contestants)Catch a carp and help the wetlands @ Mawson Lakes, win a prize, BBQ available.

coonta kinta wrote:

Dont get too excited fellas, its in the greenfields wetlands according to my information not the main lakes & you have to register before the event.Taken from "Aged to Perfection" (a local newspaper from the City of Salisbury)FISHING CONTEST9am -12pmGREENFIELDS WETLANDSSalisbury Highway(map will be sent to all contestants)Catch a carp and help the wetlands @ Mawson Lakes, win a prize, BBQ available.

they are in the wet lands??? didint know that !!!hrmmm think need to do some exploring :)

All too true. The wetlands are full of the vermin, thus the Competition to try & help our local council delitter the waterways of them.Last time the system was netted & cleaned out, about 2006, 35 tonnes were taken out on tip trucks. Held on a weekday I assume to have Council on hand to help out.The least I could do is back it & tell you all about it.Finatic

Just returned from Mawson Lakes, I think the whole big thing was too much for the poor Council staff, they had hundreds of phone calls about the event, 171 entries was about 150 more than they expected.The fishing was OK, I walked the banks & found most people caught fish, only a few had multiples & only 1 fella had 3 resulting in a win for him.Mike Cowles 1stCezari Wiatr 2ndTravis Gilbert 3rda good day had by all.Finatic

Us SAFWAA guys bombed out- not so much as a bite- one lost mobile phone in the drink and the same with a pair of sunnies (by the same person and neither recovered- not me by the way)- Personally i have to say that i thought that the whole event was badly organised for the following reasons: first of all there was 151 people registered- even then i think there was only 50 or 60 people there at the most (my friend and I were the last to register at the end of the day, the day before the event and the lady from the council told us 151 people and she was not taking any more)- also we and some other people were told to meet at the shopping mall car park and that there would be "a couple of tents set up" so that it would be easy to find where to get your name ticked off etc, well... no tents, only people doing there friday morning shopping, so finally we found the council lady up the road in the library carpark ticking other peoples names off on the bonnet of her car with not so much as a sign to say meet here and with no apologies for telling us to meet in the wrong spot. Last of all the comp was supposed to run from 9am till 12pm (a pretty short comp)but everyones lines were in well before 9am and out well after 12pm- not exactly a fair comp.Also from what i saw most people did not catch fish, a vast minority did.Put simply i wont be entering next time around.