aye guysi have a triped planned for wallaroo next week, to target snapper, kingys nd hopefully a shark and some squid nd crabsi have fished point riley rocks before but im keen to put in a few all nighters on the jetty, i was just hoping someone could tell me if you can catch crabs and squid at the end of the jetty, might sound like a stupid question, but a mate said you only get them in the first half of the jetty.and has anyone had any luck at wallaroo jetty with bonzies or kingys?any advice would be greatthanks heaps FSW

i was there late friday nite and saturday mornin, didnt go crabbin but the old lady near us was gettin a few, not heaps but if you put in the time you would bag out.tried a bit of general purpose jetty fishin and squiding, didnt even get a sniff, tried about 15 differnt jags including a tommy on a stick and no squid either, didnt see anyone else pull any in while i was there either.after a while i ventured up further, about where the shed/office lookin thing is with some heavier gear to go for the snapper that are meant to be there, was using a black magic snapper rig with fresh squid, nothing, then tommy fillets, and finally pillies still nothing. if they were there they just werent interested.thats just how i went on the weekend, knowing my luck 10 mins after i left they probably came on the bite again!hope everything goes well for you though!

khany454 wrote:
after a while i ventured up further, about where the shed/office lookin thing is with some heavier gear to go for the snapper that are meant to be there, was using a black magic snapper rig with fresh squid, nothing, then tommy fillets, and finally pillies still nothing. if they were there they just werent interested. quote]hey mate, that is the correct spot for snapper.. crush up some pillies and burley up under the jetty, then cast into it - (under the jetty), rough weather seems to be better.. my cousin lives at wallaroo and quite often does all nighters there, he always gets at least one.. ;) and yes your mate is correct, generally the concrete part of the jetty is best for squid, the black marks on the concrete confirm this.. In the real shallow parts you can also get the odd KGW or YFW.. the wallaroo jetty can get real windy, so if its too bad the marina is always worth a try as its more sheltered, some mullies have been pulled from there too B)