Competition Starting 20/03/08 Ending 25/04/08

Hi All,As we are still deciding on what to do with the rod, I have decided to have another comp to fill in the time {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifIn the spirit of Holidays & Long weekends, to enter tell us about your best fishing trip away - it's that easy!All entries must be posted in this topic and the winner will be selected by drawing a name out of a hat.The prize will be a $50 voucher from [u:2ra80p6w]one[/u:2ra80p6w] of the following stores - winner to select which store:Adelaide Bait & TackleCompleat Angler WallarooSalisbury Dive & TackleworldSt. Kilda Tackle N TuckerGood Luck ;D

One of the most memorable fishing trips was xmas 2 years ago. Me and 2 mates went fishing off Tapleys Shoal, we seen a Pro anchoard but no one could be seen [he must of been asleep waitin for the tide]. So we sounded around and seen quite a few fish on the sounder so we dropped the pick.Using pilchards for bait we all cast in and within 30 seconds we all had snapper on. Well i can tell you what a circus,lines and fish goin everywhere but it all turned out good. First lot of fish came in all around the 15lb mark and all we could do is hoot and holla and the baits down again with another multiple hookup.We had enough fish to keep us in meals for months so headed back to the ramp.This all happened within an hour of starting the session.Ahhhhhhh don't ya just love days like that. cheers Kezz [new member] {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

I can remember a trip we done to Browns Beach one weekend about 13 years ago we were supposed to do an all nighter we got to Browns grabbed the gear and made the trip down the hill and down the beach quickly rigged up and cast out. My first bait and was putting my rod in the rod holder turned to rig the other rod for my son turned back around to see my rod had fallen out the holder so as i picked it up to place it back in the holder it gave an all mighty tug and i was hooked into a 2.5 kilo sambo. Well the action never stopped for the next 2hrs and we ended up catching about 26 sambos keeping the first 8 and releasing the rest we didnt worry staying all night as we had our quoter great trip that i will never forget {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

Guest addict

my best fishing memory would definatly be a trip last year to port augusta.If you havent fished augusta its a fantastic piece of paradice for small boats.when i drive along the channel and see the smoke blazing out of the chimanys of the power station its a site like no other its tuff and the fish lurking around the power station are tuff too.port augusta has an everlasting auora about it once youve locked horns with a yellow tail king which lasts for ever trust me.This trip was planned for 3 days and i took a mate with me to give him a crack at a big fish.on the first day there was lots of boat traffic and no kings around either which isnt unusual in kingy season but wasnt dishartend as there was still 2 days to go.Day 2 the powerstation was all ours which was rather od as it was a saturday and gee what happend that day was certainly not expected and was very lucky to be there at the right time.Kings and bacon and eggs seem to be the trick over there because twice now during breakfast a reel has howled out. {SMILIES_PATH}/lipsrsealed.gif First strike was at 730am my mates tld15 took of like a shower of shit and you could see the ballon with the live squid crusing along at a fast paceand with in 15 min a 20kg king was in the boat .After a few photos it was released for some other day.Ill admit i was a bit jelous as this was his first and it was bigger than my first and only king.We had pulled anchor and went back to our spot and reset the baits again.Its now 930am and guess what fuck me i said to my self as his tld 15 took of again and belined along the entire length of the powerstation wall and turned back just as fast and wrapped him around some structure which is what these fish do best,and gee this king was like a rocket.The next 2 houres went quiet and i was hoping it was going to be my turn but thought no way would we get anymore because 2 kings in one morning was a fantastic morning of fishing and surely it couldnt get any better how wrong i was.I thought why not put a rod out for snapper just to do something different,so i put on a whole small squid and casted it 20m out behind the boat,its now lunchtime and i saw my 8kg sabre starting to curve over in the rod holder so i was up quiker than flash gorden and struck and this thing took of with a few sharp turns ,i called it to be a eagleray on steroids wizzing past the boat then straight out in the channel and reefed me easy as 123 with no head shakes i was rather confused to what it was we didnt even pull anchor which is something you should do when a kingy takes the bait.i rerigged again and casted a whole small squid back in the same spot and within half hour it took of again.once again struck hard and it took of along the wall not sure as to what it was yet we didnt pull anchor then it turned and darted back straight past us heading towards a buoy then again it turned and went back the other way back past us again realising it wasnt heavy it all clicked because this time this fish wasnt going to stop .Line was now starting to run out and i paniced and said to my mate pullthat fucking anchor up it cant be a eagleray still not convinced it was a fish because there was no head shakes we got it out into safe territory away from structure.my mate was following it now in the channel and i was saying to him it cant be a ray.As i was winding him in i was looking over the side into the depths waiting to see what it was and after a few more winds about 4m down there was a big king doing big circules under the boat and gee my heart started beating and at that moment i new i was surely alive.This fish was planned to be released aswell but after a shit gaff shot by my mate the fish started thrashing around and i grabbed the gaff and gaffed it and there was blood every where and new this fish wasnt going to make it .Later that afternoon we headed back to the cabin with smiles ear to ear and got it weighed by some victorians who had been trying for a week but with no luck {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif it weighed 44lbs and was now going into my mates dads smoke box hes a portaugusta local.that day we hooked 4 kings and landed 2 and the only whitnesses were the workers at the powerstation.Thats the best fishing ive personaly experienced but have had lots of great experiences my latest being my big snapper from north haven but thats a different story in its self {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

One of ms Lc's and my latest and one of our best fishing experiences would have been of kingscote jetty. we had a cracker of a day and night. we started of at about mid day. we cought 60 tommies, 4 squid & 13ish gar we shared them with some of the local friends on the jetty. i took the rest of the catch back home and was back to the jetty by 7.30pm. it was now time to start chasing whiting shark and snapper. the fish were being predictable, every day at sunset a big school of small ruggers would come by, then when it was dark the big k.i whiting, snook and sharks would come on the bite. as predicted we did start catching little ruggers and ms lc did manage one of 430mm. then the reel fun started a heap of 4-5' bronzies came through, we had to reel the snapper line in coz we kept on getting bitten off. one of the sharks grabbed the top hook of ms lc's whiting rig, the rod almost went over the edge. i knew it was a shark and not a ray because i could feel it's swimming action through the line. that one almost spooled me before it bit me off. i ended up catching & releasing 6 sharks before i got sick of feeding them. as i was mucking around with the toothies ms lc was making a start with the whiting, she had already caught 4 by the time i had started on them. we ended up catching 13 whiting. at about 2am we called it a day. GOOD FUN!!pic of the shark on the whiting rod. caught on a small bit of squid tenticle. ITS NOT A SNAG. LOL {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gifPosted Image

Just seen this thread and thought I'd one of my most meritorious and memorable sorties. I've already eluded to this story in another post but will expand on it here.We had been catching snapper between 8 & 12kg fairly reliably from a spot not 800m from shore and on this particular night it was time to take my 15yr old cuz with me in the tinnie to have a crack at them. Conditions were les than favourable with there being very little wind, but the swell was coming from the other way and making things uncomfortable. After the short trip to the spot, the berley bag was despatched and some salmon frames cut up and scattered around the immediate area to keep the fish there should they turn up. The lines were baited up and despatched also. After explaining the functions of the Shimano BTR6500 to my cuz and instructing him on what to do in the event of a run, I placed the home made Pacific Compisite in the back holder. I'd been catching a few reds from this spot over the previous weeks on standard tackle and some lighter gear around 4kg so I was keen to see how the spiderweb (2kg) performed. (Read see if I could manage on on this tackle) The custom built Live Fibre and ABU 5600 were baited up and the unweighted rig placed in the rod holder amidships. This is where things didnt really go to plan. {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif Usually, its a waiting game from this point. {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gifWaiting for the scent of the berley to draw the fish to our baits and ground berley. In the past this had taken around 90mins. I had an idea where we were drawing them from but didnt have the exact location. {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif . Any way I reckon it was about 20min in and the baitrunner starts to sing with a good run. Cuz looks at me as if to say "what the.........?" I calmly instructed him to take the rod from holder and wait for me to tell him when to strike. I had expected the run to stop whilst the fish got the bait down before moving off again. This didnt happen the run just kept going, so I told him to turn the handle and hit the fish hard. The hook up looked solid and the first run was a corker which had me thinking we were into one of the bigger fish for the area. Cuz handled things like a pro from here and soon had the fish to the side of the boat in quick time, where it was gaffed and welcomed about. Now two blokes in a 3.8m tinny and an estimated 12kg can make things a bit cramped but we soon had things under control and both looked at each other with delight. Cuz was stoked with his fish and I gotta say I was pretty stoked for getting it for him too. I'm sure you all know what its like, "mate lets get up there there. Their on and ya gonna get one today for sure!" Then you get a BIG DONUT and ya mate thinks what BS artist. {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gifSo as not to complicate things for him I'd taken my line out of the water, so after a short time for cuz to take it all in, I suggested we might cut off his rig and start again and also get my line back in the water.I wondered at this point if there were anymore around and whether or not all the commossion had moved them on. I didnt have long to wait to find out as it couldnt have been more than 15mins when the the little ABU started singing its tune. Slowly I removed the rod from its resting place, turned off the ratchet and thumbed the spool until I was happy that the bait was well down, then I struck! The live fibre doubled over and line was literally spewing from the little spool as this adversary took off for the other side of the gulf. I still wasnt certain it would be a snapper until I'd started to feel the head shakes. At this point I asked Cuz to clear the other rod although in hindsight it would never have been an issue with so much line in the water. That first run soon slowed and I started to win some line back. Slowly but surely the line was comming back on the spool and I was beginning to gain more and more confidence about how this was going to end. I soon had the fish closer to the boat and it was over on my side clear of the berley bag and other lines but as it was now dark I couldnt see how far away it was. I was also getting concerned that the anchor might become an issue but the fish played fair and stayed well away from that doing its thing at 90 degrees to the boat. After about 45mins the fish was boatside and I said to cuz that I'd be gaffing this one too! When I saw the size of it I was pretty happy, It looked the twin of the first and I called it for a 12kg+. After a few last ditch attempts at freedom, this too was soon welcomed aboard.With the other line going untouched during this time and the swell still coming from behind us, it was decided that we'd call it a night, as we weren't in a postion for any more and were both pretty much on a high with a couple of firsts.The next morning, both fish were weighed, before being filletted and being iced. Cuz's fish went 13.1kg and mine 12.1kg. As desciribed, this is probably one of most memorable for two reasons. One because it was my Cuz's first snapper (13kg isnt a bad way to start a snapper career) and secondly because of my most meriotorious capture which still stands today as a club record and my best!There is a down side to this story however. Obviously, with such captures the obligitory photos were taken for posterity on the old 35mm Cannon (no digital in those days!) and thats were they stayed along with a few other captures including my oldmans 17kg leviation (but thats a story for another occassion). Any way that camera was taken away on a trip to the Gold Coast by my parents and due to an inatentive moment, the role was exposed to the sunlight rendering ALL the pics useless. NOT HAPPY DAD!

• 2 weeks later...

A fishing competition huh? And you'll no doubt be wanting pictures as proof huh?OK, Ranger's had a "trip" recently, so I'll submit my own entry:With a little time up my sleeve, initial preperations for my next big adventure began!I'd checked the weather, the tides and the phases of the moon! My chakras were aligned, and conditions seemed to be perfect for another session out on the water.I knew that I'd have to dress sensibly for the conditions, so I had my fishing togs in order!Posted ImageI sorted through my arsenal of weapons, and decided to pack the big guns for this trip, coz I was hoping for some spectacular catches, and possibly even a new personal best!Posted ImagePosted ImageThe fish were out in force, although some less desirable species were mixing it up with the finer tablefare!Posted ImagePosted ImageI soon picked my target though!Posted ImageAnd I gotta say, this enticing species was looking to be a new personal best, if only I could get it to take the bait!Posted ImageI'd didn't take too long though, before it finally accepted my presentation, and the hook was set!Posted ImageAt the end of a challenging night, I was onto a winner! My preperation and technique finally paid off, and Ranger had another keeper, and a new PB to add to his conquests!Posted ImageIs it any wonder I just keep coming back for more! This fishing, it's a VERY addictive sport! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifNow I guess it seems pretty obvious that I didn't go to too much effort here to report on a SERIOUS fishin trip, so I'd better make ammends for that!I posted pics in another topic, titled a quick session in the "fishing footage" forum:http://strikehook.com/index.php?option= ... opic=733.0Those pics DID come from a serious trip, where I was touring Thailand awhile back, and took time out (on my honeymoon) for a bluewater trip in my travels! Thak you my loving wife!!!We were chasing tuna, coz it was the wrong time of year for the large sailfish, but at the same time, I had the opportunity to do a lil bottom bashing over a reef while they cooked our trolled Tuna catch up for lunch onboard. We also went "bottom walking" in the shallower water at a nearby island, where I got the chance to stick a goldfish bowl on my head, and go down to actually hand feed the fish! We snorkelled around a reef so that I could feel the sting of Thai jelly fish first hand, which had our skipper in hysterics, as it seemed "Jellyfish" was about the only english word he knew!A very memborable experience which will remain in my memory for many years to come, and a place I'll definately return to during December one year, to have a go at the large billfish which move in there at that time of year!If by some unknown streak of luck my name actually gits pulled out the hat for this comp, I promise I'll write a "proper" report up on it! In fact, even if my name doesn't get pulled out, I'll still write a report, coz it was a trip too good not to share, fishing in a foreign place many will never get the chance to visit!Oh, and thanks once again to my loving wife, who persevered with this obsessed fishing fanatic, who snuck in this trip, while he was meant to be having a romantic honeymoon and seeing the sights of Thailand! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/kiss.gif

Here my entry, this only happened today.. Have a look in general fishing.Me and brooksey decided that the beach was to windy to fish so we decided to flick some plastics around in the lake near the beach. After about five casts brooksey yells out "Im on". I look over and see line screaming out of his reel, as usual brookseys calling it a 50 pounder. After around five minutes into the fight he yells out oh no i think ive lost him. He started to wind all his line back in and to his suprise around ten metres away from the shore he feels the fish again, it only took a couple of minutes to land from then on. A few quick pics and he was back in the water chasing mullet again.Anyways now i had seen a legal mully caught i was pretty keen to get my own. I started to flick plastics around and after my fith or so cast i was hooked up. This was my first legal mully and decent fish. The fish was screaming off and i was freaking out... As the fish was only hooked on 8 pound mono it took 50minutes to land, and also i didn't fight it very good as my hands and legs were shaking the hole time. Not a bad session for west lakes, hooking two mulloway one being 103cm and the other 92cm. Heres a pic of the 92cm.Posted Image

well my best fishing trip was just at my farm. it was cold cold morning and i went for a walk down to the dam with my spinner. i caught a real nice redfin and couple of smaller ones. but this is my best trip cuz i raised the fish they were caught in my own dam. its like for people who dnt have farms cathing a massive redfin in their pool. it felt real good. and it was real refreshing too. so thats my favourite story. {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif and anyway i dnt hav many stories to tell i only really fish locally. my dad works alot so it makes it hard

Well this happened a few years ago now, and hopefully one day it will be so long ago I will forget it completely {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifMy then Girlfreind and I decided to do a weekend away at the North Shore Caravan park at Wallaroo. We had a nice drive up and I was really looking forward to getting into some reds ( Fish that is )We had to drive around a fairly large rectangular section of the Park to find our vacant campsite, and as I went to pull in, I noticed a length of mono strung at about head height, between the trees paralell to the road we'd enterd by.I pointed it out to my g/f cursing anyone whod leave something dangerous like that hanging around. When I got out of the car, I walked over to it, and noticed the line stretched away up the road for some distance, and I decided to pull on it to see if it was tied up anywhere.Well it sure was tied up ! As I pulled on it , from the corner of my eye, I saw a rod in my boats rod holder bend over a bit !!!!!So it was a very embaressed me who had to walk around half the caravan park rewinding the line back on to my reel {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/embarrassed.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/embarrassed.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/embarrassed.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/embarrassed.gifNow ya see why Id rather forget it {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gifCheersaff

well my best fishing trip was just at my farm. it was cold cold morning and i went for a walk down to the dam with my spinner. i caught a real nice redfin and couple of smaller ones. but this is my best trip cuz i raised the fish they were caught in my own dam. its like for people who dnt have farms cathing a massive redfin in their pool. it felt real good. and it was real refreshing too. so thats my favourite story. Smiley and anyway i dnt hav many stories to tell i only really fish locally. my dad works alot so it makes it hard
Good story little crab dude.Not many of us could say they have caught a fish they raised in their own dam.Say hi to your dad. Howie is a top bloke and a good fisho too.

well my best fishing trip was just at my farm. it was cold cold morning and i went for a walk down to the dam with my spinner. i caught a real nice redfin and couple of smaller ones. but this is my best trip cuz i raised the fish they were caught in my own dam. its like for people who dnt have farms cathing a massive redfin in their pool. it felt real good. and it was real refreshing too. so thats my favourite story. Smiley and anyway i dnt hav many stories to tell i only really fish locally. my dad works alot so it makes it hard

Good story little crab dude.Not many of us could say they have caught a fish they raised in their own dam.Say hi to your dad. Howie is a top bloke and a good fisho too.
u needa take me out with ya in the port in the tinny for some bream or sumthing. we need to catch up sometime. or u and dad atleast

My most memorable trip was to streaky bay 3 years ago.My mate Pete called me up and told me he was heading over to streaky with his 2 cousins from victoria. Apparently they cleaned up last time they went to streaky and there was one seat left if I was keen.I was estatic! Had been a long time since I had been away. We packed and made our way there, had some nice cabins to stay at brought our own bait, several blocks of pillies and about 20kg of cockles, alcohol and food and were away for 5 days total. A day each to drive up and back and 3 days to fish solid.The first day we headed down to Haleys Beach, reports were some salmon, mullies and sharks around. The sight was amazing off the cliff top...crystal blue water, waves breaking over the reef with a nice deep gutter runnin along the beach.My mate and I scrambled down the sand cliff to be the first to gt in the water, tops off and down to our shorts. We love fishing the beaches locally but this was big water and soon it was apparent the wash up the beach & surge was huge, no sitting he rods in a sand spike. The Victorians were still rigging up when we started hooking in. HUGE salmon 8-10pdrs we slapped onto the shore then the Vics quickly picked up th pace rigging up. Trouble was they were scared of the surf! It was a long way to walk out and big cast required and a few times on the way back I remember Pete and I slammed by waves sent us for a drink. No sooner had they come were they gone, we had half a dozen monster salmon in the esky. Victorians- 0 /SA- 6 with a mutha of a climb back up the hill that put browns beachs' heartbreak hill to shame.After a combination of sun stroke, a good feed and some binge drinking I slept like a baby. Poor Pete didnt though as I was snoring like a demon {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gifWe awoke the next day to do some rock fishing while the Vics took out a dinghy.Pete and I ventured down to whirl pool rock ?? I think it was known as. On the rising tide we managed to score some nice kg & other rock fish in large rock pool. We then ventured down to Salmon Beach. We fished the beach for a while to no avail. Pete walked over to the reef ledge and began fishing off the ledge. After a few more hours I got bored and joined Pete. On the ledge we burleyd up and you could see all the fish through the crystal clear water. The ledge was several metres from the bottom and we could literally pick which fish you wanted to catch. We put on a back pack and filled with bait and fished the ledge catching rock fish, kg, giant sweep and some nice trevally. As the tide got higher we headed back in to clean our catch. Later we were told bronzies frequent the area of reef we had walked across to get to the ledge! {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif Well lucky we didnt run into any that day.The vics had returned from their day out on the boat with a dismal catch. A handful of kg, st and some mullet. We had caught more fish from the ledge. They were dark.. ha ha haThe last day Pete and I had the dinghy. We headed out the inlet and headed to the oyster leases where we heard there were some whiting. It wasnt long before we were onto whiting. We had to move quite a fair bit as we were plagued with shitties. We caught our fair share of ST and mullet as well just shifting around the sand patches. We could not stop catching fish. We trying out every single lure that we had never used in the city and would catch ST!Finally after 2 days being cooked in the hot sun and cooked even more in the dinghy which was like a giant baking tray we headed back in. We stopped and had a look around the inlet in the shallows we jumped out to have a swim and cool off. We noticed some fresh razor fish so we pulled up some and ate them fresh. Next thing we were stepping on some big blueys but we had no nets. We ended up stunnig them with the oars and caught half a dozen or so and returned to base camp.That night we stopped by the jetty and threw out some crab nets, we got our quoter and returned for a well deserved rest before heading home.A fantastic trip the picturesque settings, the different terrains we fished & the good company we were with made this a most memorable trip. Mind you I have never had so many spines and cuts all over my hands from cleaning fish, ill never forget that but you cant complain for catching!! {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif

Its so hard to pick the best fishing trip. I had alot of memorable ones including my first legal snapper and fish snapper from the surf at Salt Creek a few months back, trips all over NSW, catching big 1.5kg muddies in the gold coast, chasing trout in Eucumbene and going out in a charter boat off bateman's bay (threw up at the 2 hour mark and spent the next 4 hours curled up in a little ball {SMILIES_PATH}/sad.gif).Probably the best would be my Trip to Lord Howe Island 3 years ago on a medical elective as a medical student. I spent 4 weeks on the island and fished every day. I managed a few rat kings, heaps of big mullet and gar and some thumper bluefish and silver drummer. Seeing the kingfish feeding at Ned's Beach was also fantastic.I fished off the rocks at Old Gulch one day and hooked a nice shark on a Penn GTI 330. After a 30min fight, I had the fish on the surface. I was solo, had no gaff or rope and was stuck as to how I could land the fish. I spent 10 min waiting for the tide to rise and eventually surfed the shark onto the rock platform on a big wave. {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

One of my best sessions was unplanned and unexpected.Two mates and myself drove to Wallaroo jetty, hearing that big gar were being caught near the end in solid numbers. Armed with a crapload of tackle, bait, esky, etc, I loaded the lot onto my golf buggy and wheeled it out to the end. ;DGar rig was quickly despatched, amongst where there were a few distinct rises on the dead calm water. The float disappeared within 5secs of it hitting the water, I hooked up, and before I knew it, a green and yellow flash disappeared beneath the jetty pylons near where I was standing and busted me up. :o{SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gifOne of my mates hooked into a baby snapper at that moment, and half a dozen rat kings swarmed and molested it before it could hit the surface! Another bust-off. :-[Luckily I had taken a snapper outfit with me and quickly rigged up an unweighted squid candle on a 4/0 circle hook. Within seconds of it hitting the water, 2 bigger kings emerged from the depths and one of them inhaled it near the surface. I struck solid and locked up the drag, as I skull-dragged it to the surface, where it went absolutely boontah! ;D I high-sticked him up onto the planks, measuring in at 67cm and about 8lbs I guess. After that they were a little skittish of the squid baits, so I pulled out some 100ml squidgies, rigged them on some weighty jigheads, and for the next 2 hours solid, got pulverised by kings of all sizes, ranging from rats between 40-50cm, right up to metre+ long freight-trains. At times I would cast to where I could see the rises and rats would be climbing all over each other to inhale it, other times I would let it sink to the bottom and start jigging. Needless to say I got busted up many times on and in amongst the pylons, but I also landed a few more, not topping the first one, but released a good 8-9 of them (voluntarily). My mates didn't have heavier gear to cope with the brutes, so they kindly took to hooking smaller fish and letting them flounder on the surface, where green torpedoes would rise quickly from the depths and harrass them so I could get a lure to them. Two larger fish beyond the 80cm mark were lost as I tried to high-stick them onto the planks, but the tide had dropped, and they smacked into the top rail sleeper and pinged off back into the water.In summary, it was the most amazing session I have ever had on kings, and while not Coffin Bay or Pt Augusta dimensioned fish, on 15lb braid and a 7ft Silstar snapper rod, they were more than a match on that tackle from the jetty. In the end, I think fish and angler were on fairly even terms.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifOne of the best sessions I've ever had. 8)Cheers,Wino

Wow, some great stories here {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif Nice to see you gusy getting into 'em {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifI've just come back from an unbeleivably calm week at Balgowan, and would tell the story of an equally and unbeleiveably huge snook( estimated to be around four feet 6 inches ) that I hooked, but the memory of it busting me off ( on 30lb mono {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif ) keeps making me wanna cry !Never mind , we did OK on the snapps {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifCheersaff {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif

Hey All,We drew the competition this morning and the winner is...............WaterboyWell done to everyone who entered {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gifI hope you all have your thinking caps on, the next comp details will be posted tonight........................ and its gonna get hard!! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif