G"day guys, question regarding ABU 6500 c3.I see some of the new models have the carbon matrix drag system, my question is, is it cheaper to just get carbontex washers fitted , or can I get the newABUs carbon matrix system fitted to my c3.Is this as good as the carbontex washers, and is it cheaper to source.My gut feeling is getting the carbontex washers from a tackleshop may be easier, cheaper and just as effective, if not better as ABUS product.Any thoughts?Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

Guest addict

ive had lots of abu overhead reels in my time and i would never get one again they cast great but there drags are rat shit they go sticky very quick i guess if you put in the carbontex washers that would solve the problem

Yeah fair comment, I was wondering what the new "upgraded " drags they are putting in their new reels are like, "Carbon matrix" they are marketing it as.Along the lines of drags, i bought a Saltiga Surf OH, dont get me wrong a FANTASTIC reel, but after a couple of months the drag on that TOTALLY sht itself to a sticky mess.replaced it with carbontex from Jack erskine and the difference was amazing,made the old system feel pathetic to be honest.Saltists have the same drag as them, also a great reel, but personally i dont trust the drags, what happened to my saltiga put me off.The smoothness and pressure of the carbontex , is second to none and well worth looking at.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

• 2 months later...
Guest --MATT--

mate i ave been through everything trying to get the drag on my 6000 smooth again but its just not making any difference. been through upgrading to carbontex washers and completelt stripping it apart but i cant figure it out. solution: get a millionaire!

• 3 weeks later...