Charter for bucks do

Alright guys and gals, I need some help as hopefully you have been on more chaters than me which isn't hard !! can count them on 1 hand and also the amount of fish caught on said charters on 1 hand :angry: Looking at a charter in early feb for my bucks do for about 12 people but trying not to spend too much money as obviously it's a big ask for some especially those that aren't keen fisher folk ( can you beleive I would associate with them ) :ohmy:I have called a couple based at glenelg but they are $250 bit much for most.Thinking Cape Jervis as it's with in an hour for most, any idea of the general price down that way ?? I have been put onto one mob from friends of an operator but haven't called as yet. Was also told not to expect any discount. ( good friend ??? :blink: )If anyone can make any recomomendations or just give any info it could all help me to make a decision.Thanks in advance... B) Jags

Guest davidm#2

cape jervis???? i was booked to go down there three times and they all got blown out. not sure wat its like this time of the year down there coz mine was booked in august. but im sure u wouldnt want to plan it all then have it cancelled

check out southern fishing charters FISHSTALKER11 the biggest charter boat ive been on yet will easily accom 12 its 50ft long with a small lounge area for the sea sick ones from memory if you do 10 or more its 150 each but give him a buzz (google southern fishing charters ) i think his name was scott.. good luck mate oh yea he put us on the fish to :)

Give John Hanson a call,Boat is about 50fter, "Solomon Ophir" based out of the Royal Yacht squadron, if tooo rough he'll do a Pt River run for you.Best value around. Nothin worst than plannin months in advance and then on the day its blowin its ......... offIf interested PM and I'll give you his Mobile

Mate give Trevor at Double Header Fishing Charters at Port Broughton a call on this number and ask if he can accommodate 12. I know he can definately do 10.Heres Trev's number 04 2884 0952There is way more snapper up the top end of Spencer's Gulf at that time of year, so for value for money I would be driving to Port Broughton. I would organise a room the night before at the Broughton Hotel and then get up and get ready for some of the best fishing you are likely to see.His charters are freaking awesome.Ive done a couple now and one word WOW.Big Reds and plenty of them :cheer: :cheer:

• 3 weeks later...
urhookedfish wrote:

Mate give Trevor at Double Header Fishing Charters at Port Broughton a call on this number and ask if he can accommodate 12. I know he can definately do 10.Heres Trev's number 04 2884 0952There is way more snapper up the top end of Spencer's Gulf at that time of year, so for value for money I would be driving to Port Broughton. I would organise a room the night before at the Broughton Hotel and then get up and get ready for some of the best fishing you are likely to see.His charters are freaking awesome.Ive done a couple now and one word WOW.Big Reds and plenty of them :cheer: :cheer:

urhooked thanks for the suggestion ;) As things turned out he told me te will only do 8 people but the more I thought about it the more I realised 8 was going to be perfect as I have a few people that aren't mad keen fishos (why I still speak to them I have no idea :blink: :side: )I spoke to Trevor about accomodation over there and he gave me the number of a lady down that way that manages some properties and I landed a 4 bedroom 2 story shack on the beach front for $50 a night :ohmy: She told me that everything was taken but when I told her I normally get shacks for $50-60 a night down Moonta- Pt Hughes way she mentioned this little puppy... it only took a split second or me to say lock it in eddy !!So it looks like it's now a whole weekend away with the mates and the ones that don't want to fish can come over for a piss up Saturday night.Thanks for planting the seed champ as it has snowballed into what's going to be one hell of a weekend !!Now all I have to do is work out where else I can go fishing at Pt Broughton :P

Have been on a couple southern fishing charters (i think)has the big boat and go from wirinna.Also did my Bucks at Pt hughes cant remember the guys but they had a house you could rent and it worked out pretty good price there was 10 of us and the fish that we brought back would have nearly been the price we paid for everything.

Mate, Im glad I got the seed planted.Id stick with Broughton and you will be stoked. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Go out and get stuck in. Im jealous already, I think I might have to book a trip with my wifes boss from work. Hes keen to land a trophy fish.If you do end up going with Trev and I hope you do, let him know that you heard of this through Mick and Brett Oakley from Adelaide. :cheer:..Oh yeah, one last thing, I just thought that I would let you know that Trev's charters are the ONLY charter that I will cough up my do for now. I will only ever be using this charter from here on in. Its Double Header or nothing for me. Not a sponsor, just have tried a few and this is f@#$#$G Wicked.

Mate you don't know how glad I am to here this !! :silly: It's all booked and the boys can't wait let alone me. I'm really hoping to get my first snapper on SP but will be happy with anything I get. Got to be better than the last few charters I have been on anyway.Nothing worse than spending a couple of hundred and coming away with dohnuts :angry: I will be certain to let him know and hopefully he throws some discount your way for the good work talking him up. Obviously the results speak volumes :blink: Can't wait !! :woohoo: