Hey all,This might sound like a dumb ass question but does anyone else have a problem with whiting rig tangles? As i fish mainly on my own i dont know if anyone else experiences these problems or if its a hook to rig connection issue. I use a dropper loop to connect my hooks but they always seem to tie themselves into knots or constant twisting around the trace.Any feedback would be great because its starting to give me the shits..CheersMichael

I use a sinker on the bottom with 2 hooks above and don't have many problems these days.What i have found is that you should keep your dropper loops pretty small(about 1cm) and don't use different strength line classes in your rig,also you can keep your hook traces pretty short(12cm max)unless your fishing a ripping tide then make them a bit longer.Only use frozen cockles as the livies spin and if using squid beat it up because unbeaten squid will also spin.I have caught thousands of whiting on 12lb rigs so i don't think you need to go any lighter because lighter rigs also tangle and use a a swivel. cheers brenton

The dropper loop which comes of the mainline is only 1cm(figure of 8),i use a 10 to 12cm piece to the hooks and snell my hooks myself so i don't go through the eye.Beat your squid to a pulp(you can chew it if you want :S ) and don't hide the point of the hook i also like to dip it in a bit of ink. cheers brenton

brenton wrote:

The dropper loop which comes of the mainline is only 1cm(figure of 8),i use a 10 to 12cm piece to the hooks and snell my hooks myself so i don't go through the eye.Beat your squid to a pulp(you can chew it if you want :S ) and don't hide the point of the hook i also like to dip it in a bit of ink. cheers brenton

Great advice Brenton B)

If your that worried, buy the premade rigs with the metal eyelets for the hooks to attach onto. works a treat, keeps it all seperated nicely, swivel down the bottom so you can change weights when you want to.If I cant be bothered finding one in my bag, I just make up the loop. dont usually have any problems when its a small loop.