Sea Food Bonanza

My Cousin came round this evening and brought round some Fresh oysters, Scallops, and prawns, my uncle who lives in Smokey bay gave him a STACK of closed Whopper oysters,Size Of my Hand they were, and Meaty as, full, Posted ImagePosted ImageSo my cousin thought it would be nice to do a seafood cook off.. :) Did Scallops cooked in garlic and ButterPosted Image Oysters Kilpatric , and a prawn Salad in balsamic Vinegar..Was Delish.. :)Posted Image

Del wrote:

thats how i get my oysters too ;) huge " non restaurant grade" oysters are the best! got the shack at coffins and know a few of the workers ;)i got a sack of about 25 doz last time. got about 15 dozen left... cant wait for the next feed!!

Beautiful del, that's Excellent ...Arnt they just Delish :) , I snuck a few raw with lemon too, Yummers... VB isn't into eating alot of seafood, he will have prawns, tasted the scallops and some squid, doesn't mind the smoked snapper.. But oysters he thinks there BIG BOOGERS :laugh::laugh: All the more for me :P;) My Young Fella he is 6 he will EAT anything seafood, marinated mussels, oysters, prawns, fish, squid, even cockles :laugh::laugh: Raw Oysters too, razor fish, :laugh: I fight him for it when we get a catch :angry:;) Ill go to the fridge and get a marinated mussel, and half me tub is gone :ohmy: Ill go, have u touched my tub of mussels, out comes the guilty face.. :laugh:

morten bay bugseverytime the prawn trawlers used to tie up in the basin, we would head over there in the work ute, and buy the prawns straight from themthey always had mornten bay bugs as well...so yeah they are caught around here for sure.had either a choice of good prawns, r seconds, with missing tails or heads etc etc which were half the price.fine by me.... it was all bait.prawnies didnt mind seeling off the boat back then, as it was beer money for themdoesnt happene these days thoughoh and im with kirk.... oysters look like a lugeyyou got a stronger stumoch than my sandy...i WOULD hurl it back up before i even got the taste of it..

SandyWhiting wrote:

rocknev wrote:

morten bay bugseverytime the prawn trawlers used to tie up in the basin

Them were the days, when you could fish there too, always caught pannies there, almost every time..
them snapper are STILL there...we cant fish them at work, and its illegal to take a boat into the basin now...but we SEE the snapper,mullaway,and small and BIG kingfish.we sometimes do and under wharf inspection...me and a workmate stodd in the dark, 6ft from the water, and watched 40 or so snapper ALL 20-30lb swim lazily under our feet.no kiddingkingfish were caught at the pump house... by a couple of contrractors... using of all things, an EARPLUG on a hook.now these kings are not wild by any means.ive seen squid, not more than 8ft away from a dozen kingfish, and they dont get eatenTHROW A HANDFULL OF ROCKS IN THE WATER, and the kings go mentalsounds like pellets hitting the water... thats what they get fed on the fish farmsim sure there will be more than one person on this forum that will have also seen the kings and snapper swiming around.
vb4me wrote:

Try for whiting this time round. How do you get razor fish from 40-60 ft of water?

hahaha... he doesnt dive for them... not the kind of water iw ould go for a quick dip in by any meanshe pulls them up somtimes on his anchor...when i went with him, he pulled up half a washing machinehe has lost many anchors, so doesnt use rope anymore.its ALL chain on an elect winch, BEUTIFUL boat.a BIG barcrusherWHAT A BOAT. :woohoo:

Just got a bucketful of those pellets yesterday. One of the blokes unloading a cleanseas boat started havin a chat to me and during our converstation asked if I wanted some of the "best burley" goin. Just pellets that had been dropped on the boat and then cleaned up into a 10 kg bucket. No worries. Ill have to see how good they are now. Only prob is if they are that good then how do I acquire some more ;):laugh: