"Techni ice" ice boxes

@ carps. i know what you sayin about the size. ive looked at the 100 and 120 litre but the difference is in the height and if i use it for food and the like, ill never get to the bottom.My cousin has a 85 or 90 litre EVAkool thats made long but theyre soo expensive i could buy 3 of these others and still have change.

Del wrote:

Mick.. the green 92 ive got.. serves as THE BEST BEER ESKY EVER!!!!for all my bbqs.. :) 2-3 slabs in it and plenty of room for food.

Sorry. Gotta 120L Techni. Holds 5 slabs easy and cold as buggery :laugh::laugh::laugh: Mick I would go with the 70L. Dont reckon you'll go wrong. It will hold long fish and as ya said if worst comes to worst it'll keep plenty of beer cold ;):laugh: As far as the ice packs go they work really well. Just dont over fill them initially. I was checkin out ebay last week for the ice boxes but noticed the freight charges were double. If you can get a low enough bid in It would be worth it though. I think I ll just order through their website when Im ready though rather than goin through the bidding process.

hey kirk, i noticed your boat only has one seat, and seen it mentioned on here you sit on the esky,,, you gonna fit a new seat?reason being, i can just picture you oeneing for a brewski, then fogetting to close it, and sitting down IN the thing..naw... you wouldnt do that...thats something softy would do though. :laugh:

rocknev wrote:

hey kirk, i noticed your boat only has one seat, and seen it mentioned on here you sit on the esky,,, you gonna fit a new seat?reason being, i can just picture you oeneing for a brewski, then fogetting to close it, and sitting down IN the thing..naw... you wouldnt do that...thats something softy would do though. :laugh:

Nah thinkin of rippin the other seat out. Thats partly why the 70l techniice will be perfect. Wide enough to seat 2. Might sit in it if it was hot enough though :P

well i bid on some last night on ebay.. only the 2 ply sheets.. ended up winning 72 sheets for 83$.. bid in 5 different auctions.. won 3 auctions from $10-$46 so a fair spread in the values. ive got some heavy duty plastic bags at work that ill encase a few sheets in to add as an outter layer.. and it should also keep fishyness off them.. looks like im trying them out next weekend!

Well, after piss farting around on ebay for two days and getting nowhere, i just put the order in for a 70L on the techniice website.Hopefully it come soon! Thanks heaps for all the comments its good to know that people will give their honest oppions and info when it comes to buying new stuff.Cheers,Michael

Mick013 wrote:

Im making my own at the moment. i use either a large deep baking dish/tray or one of those 4ltr icecream containers. when i get the esky, ill get a tray thats roughly the same length and width and make large blocks. if that doesnt work ill just stick with the 4ltr blocks.

ice cream tubs are great...so are coke bottles as sandywhiting said...they stay frozen for a long time... we freeze ice cream ones, tip them out, and stick them in with the pet rabbits on really hot days... rabits aint stupid...they soon worked out on a 40 degree day, the best place to be was sitting on the ice.
  • 2 weeks later...