Stanvac Blocks - pleeeze

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Highfly wrote:

35 06 863138 24 72635 06 875138 24 69035 06 950138 24 640Should put you on a couple of them

Hi Highfly, what datum are these marks using? They are different to what I have. Are we talking about the same blocks here? Ive got the ones for where the ships used to moore off.... :huh:

Not sure bud, all I know is that I put these marks into my GPS using WGS 84, and they where all further south than the mooringblocks I know of. I didn't have a sounder on board to investitagte if they are different ones, or just using a different datum.Hopefully Highfly can confirm, if not next time I will investitgate further now that I have a sounder. Maybe I just stuffed up entering the co-ordinates, Im quite the newby to boat angling, learning more every time Im out.I do know that both times Ive gone to the mooring blocks, getting my anchor back has been a mission tho :huh:

Thanx T bone, Il have 2 cross check my marks me think. Ive fished the blocks twice, once using a mates GPS, next time just followed the other boats out. But the marks my mate gave me are different to the ones posted, he must use a different datum.Kestral, I thought the barges are more than 1km away from the blocks? It certainly looks that way, I thought more like 5 nautical miles out...

I think you could also be getting confused between the stanvac mooring & the stanvac blocks. I was under the impression the blocks where positioned further in front on the barges & the mooring (which I think is also known as the Fuel station, someone care to confirm) is located out from the holding tanks. Not sure how many moorings there are as I only have one mark but if there is another can someone kindly please PM me. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

G'Day Guy, These gps Marks are around Marino Not shore if this is what you want But its some more to try , If you wish to the first 5 are not to far offshore, the last one is sunken barge and a lot further offshore; 35 02 629 138 29 688 35 02 194 138 29 411 35 03 839 138 28 613 35 04 196 138 29 565 35 03 194 138 28 069 35 07 012 138 24 122 these Marks are WGS 84 I hope that helps you out :cheer: