ANYBODY KNOW WHO THIS WAS?? NAME AND SHAME

TWO men have been arrested for killing a great white shark and selling its body parts for profit.The Whyalla men, one who is a charter fisherman, were arrested by Primary Industries and Resources SA Fisheries officers and Whyalla police on Wednesday following a year-long investigation.A third man has been reported for similar offences.As part of the operation, Fisheries officers seized great white shark jaws and teeth, a commercial charter fishing vessel, a vehicle and fishing equipment, together worth more than $120,000.PIRSA Fisheries strategic operations manager Rob Parkes said great white sharks had been protected in South Australia since 1998.The arrested men have been bailed to appear in Whyalla Magistrates Court at a later date. The reported man will be summonsed.

well that didnt take long.found out who the 2 main persons were,NOT the main charter operators that are well known and some from this site have used recently.out of respect to the scumbag, i must claim INNOCENT TIL PROVEN GUILTY.but i know the names, and one of the blokes is pretty well known in town... i found out they sold a few teeth, to undercover fisheries officers, then a few mths later, asked the scum if they could saurce a head... the jaws were prepared and sold for 6k to the fisheries blokes, and the pair were arrseted on there way back from adelaide.a search of the charter bloke's house, found 3 dope plants, and the other bloke had speed, and ANOTHER great white head in the freezer.the charter boat, has been removed from its mooring and seized.having known the main bloke for a few years, i must say IT COULDNT HAPPEN TO A NICER BLOKE imho...I REALLY HOPE SOME JAIL TIME ( MOST LIKELY) WILL COME OUT OF THIS.

Brent61southoz wrote:

i know !brent

as per your pm brent... you have heard the same name i have...not for me to post up im affraid... i will sit and wait for it to become general knowledge.i found out from a pro snapper fisher, who used to to work with this boat driving his charters.my mate is sooo disgusted with the offender, "AS HE KNOWS BETTER" is what my mate said to me
T BONE wrote:

rocknev wrote:

i dont agree with protecting the shark

& why would that be, because there are so many around? :huh:
there is more great whtes around than EVER before...its just a matter of time before someone is takenwhyalla seems to be a nursery its been said in the media.... never before have so many sightings taken place in these local waters. ive also seen a video of a very large white visiting boats, just on whyallas blue line ( which is level with the town jetty,) and the same shark visited just about every boat in the water that day, including my father in law.it was also seen going UNDER the town jetty, where kids jump off of in the summer months.they have chased a small white OUT of the marina a few years ago as well...my pro snapper mate, had 5 aroundhis boat 2 weeks ago...they took 23 snapper off his hooks...he is in a 20ft nureous, and estmiated the big female that came around was at least 17ft long, and 4 ft across its back.his deckie leaned over to wash his hands while the biggy was on the other side of the boat, thinking he was safe to do so, he got a mighty shit stain when he put his hands ON another white head which was just sort of sitting there next to the boat.ive seen the gouge mark in the prop, and its pretty deep.i will find the video my mate took of the white just past the blue line, though its not of good quality as its taken with a mobile phone...
bigfish wrote:

i must claim INNOCENT TIL PROVEN GUILTY.I have heard the same thing and have heard who it is, but does anyone know for sure???? or is it a he said, she said rumor??? Silly if he did, but a career breaker and a good name goes down the drain if he didn't.

i will say. his moored boat is now gone from the water.
rocknev wrote:

bigfish wrote:

i must claim INNOCENT TIL PROVEN GUILTY.I have heard the same thing and have heard who it is, but does anyone know for sure???? or is it a he said, she said rumor??? Silly if he did, but a career breaker and a good name goes down the drain if he didn't.

i will say. his moored boat is now gone from the water.
Good they should sell it too some responsible anglers. And confescate their licences and gear.
  • 2 weeks later...

its made the local tv news here last week,no names mentioned.bloke i took out fishing yesterday is from N.T., hes been trying o get a charter, rang around the operators, and they are flat out taking over the offenders customers...the story h got told when he rang the bloke that got done was " we blew the engine up sorry... we cant take anybody out fishing"my bro's nephew is a fisheries officer, and he seems to think the guys will cop a hefty fine only, and get the boat returned.he may lose the right to operate a charter again as well.THROW THE BOOK AT THEM,AND SELL THE BOAT WITH MONEY EITHER GOING TO MAINTAINING WATERWAYS, OR BETTER YET, LET THE PEOPLE IN THE WRONG DECIDE WHICH WORTHY CHARITY THE MONEY SHOULD BE DONATED TO.

I think they should have the book thrown at them, why have the fines there as a deterrant if you're not going to use them. On a different note I think the white numbers are definitely on the up and up and will recover well without the fishing pressure they used to receive. But if the law is lifted I reckon every man and his dog is going to want to go out there and tag himself a white so they will drop in numbers massively again.Fines need to be enforced and be heftier to deter w*nkers from breaking the rules, the threat of losing a boat wont put people off if they now its highly unlikely they will lose it when caught. Sorry for the rant but people who constantly break the rules really give me the sh*ts. (Apologies if anyone is offended by what i've said, this topic gets me worked up)

statesquider wrote:

Sorry for the rant but people who constantly break the rules really give me the sh*ts. (Apologies if anyone is offended by what i've said, this topic gets me worked up)

Mate no problems,like everything else If Only the powers to be handed out some realistic fines and sentences instead of getting sucked in by defence lawyers, people would have a lot more respect.But as is crims have more rights than the victims.
gardy wrote:

I did in a previous post name all of the culprits to lay rumours at restManangement decided it best not to until names are published in the media which is their perogative

yeah sort of guessed that when i saw a blank post.WISE choice on the mods to delete it.until its in the papers naming names, let it be
  • 4 weeks later...