Dyna Bait Dried Tube Worms

Hey every1,Seems like every1 is starting to read or hear from some1 about these worms. We've ahd them a while and I've used them myself and I think there gr8t, have been cleaning up on the Yellow Fin Whiting using them. I've tried soaking them in tuna oil which takes a bit longer to absorb but still very effective also I've tried stimulate same deal there. I've heard that not many ppl are carrying them?, Jus wanted to get a few different oppions about them. cheers mick

• 2 weeks later...

Tried them out of desperation on the yfw at seacliff the other day when I couldn't buy any live worms .I caught 4 whiting on them and none on the frozen bungums.I had to soak them for nearly an hour in salt water before they were soft enough.I think they are a good reserve bait for yfw if you can't get clickers or live worms.They are certainly more durable ( stay on th e hook better) than frozen bungums.I have tried the gulp worms (camo colour) and have only caught a couple of fish after several attempts.So i reckon the dehydrated ones are ok.Must try soaking them in some of these other things like tuna oil or stimulate etc.cheers

Dubs The Tackle Man wrote:

Yeah right, everytime I have used them they have been ready to use within 20min. I,ve tryed soaking them in tuna oil, that takes a long time. I found that if you add a lil amount of water it takes it up abit beter

that's exactly what i have done since. Still using the gulp fluid but addind 50% water to it, seems to soak up a bit quicker and although ready to use after 20 mins or so, would prefer to leave them a bit longer to really blow out the size.

the wife used them today and caught 20 odd small'ish fish.bream,S/T, shitties and not sure of the other species.people fishing the same area were catching zilch using cockles/prawns. soaked 2 worms in saltwater for only 5 minutes before cutting theminto small pieces.flexible enough to bait the hook. still have 5 or 6 in the pack. just need to catch a decent size fish to prove they are a great bait.

• 2 weeks later...
Dubs The Tackle Man wrote:

hey surf not sure if you can get them down south, we,ve heard that not many people have them, which is silly rwally because live worms are now a thing of the past not many diggers left digging. Samantic01 we have them here at Salisbury Tackleworld

...thanks Dubs but It's not a place I visit regularly. Have to call in there next time I have a job up that way. I might try to pop out there on saturday some time, got plenty in stock?
  • 9 months later...

Thank you for the response.In South Africa one of the most valued angling species is the White Steenbras (Not sure if you get similar fish in Australia).They love blood worms, white mussel. I will try targeting them during my fishing trip in December and let you know what were the results.

White-Steenbras-Witsteenbras1.jpg

Thank you for the response.In South Africa one of the most valued angling species is the White Steenbras (Not sure if you get similar fish in Australia).They love blood worms' date=' white mussel. I will try targeting them during my fishing trip in December and let you know what were the results.[/quote']You're in luck. Our Southern Black Bream are in the same Sparidae family.but different Genus, Acanthopagrus

Scientific name: Lithugnathus lithognathusCommon names: White steenbras; Pignose grunterHABITATADULTS: Individuals >650mm extend their range into deeper water (<25 m) (Bennett 1993b). A large proportion of these mature fish may be concentrated in the SWC JUVENILES: 0+ juveniles are estuarine dependent for their first year of life but may remain for 2 years or more. Adolescents (1-5 years, < 650 mm) inhabit the surf-zones of sandy and mixed shores where they are fairly resident (Bennett 1993b) MIGRATION: Annual spawning migration commencing in Autumn, northwards and eastwards to the northern SEC and TKI coasts in time for late winter spawning. Return southwards by late summer (Bennett 1993b) FISHERY: Exploited by recreational shore anglers throughout its range. Nationally, 6% of targeting is directed against this species. On a regional basis targeting is as follows - WC 4%, SC 17%, EC 9% and TKI 2% (Sauer and Erasmus 1996, Lamberth 1996, Brouwer 1997a, Mc Donald 1998, Mann and Fennessy 1998). Bennett (1993a) estimated this sector to be responsible for 75% of numbers and 50% of the mass of the total catch of this species. Lamberth (1996) estimated an annual SWC catch of 39 000 fish weighing 86 t for the years 1994-1996. On the whole this fishery is responsible for almost the entire catch of immature adolescents. Only taken as an incidental catch by commercial and recreational boats. Beach seines responsible for 25% of normal beach-seine and sinking “Russman” seine along the WC and SWC. Legal fishery confined to False Bay where up to ± 20 t or 4 700 fish are landed annually. Normal seines catch adolescent and mature fish whereas the “Russman” fishery catches mostly mature, sexually active adults (Bennett 1993a, Lamberth 1994). Sixth most frequently reported by-catch species caught in the WC gill-net fishery but less than 1% of monitored catches by mass and by number (Hutchings and Lamberth 1998. RECREATIONAL SHORE ANGLING: Based on angler club records there has been a 90% decrease in CPUE from 6 fish.100h-1 in 1968 to 0.7 fish.100h-1 in 1990 (Bennett 1993a). The SWC linefish survey recorded 0.9 fish.100h-1 during 1994-96 as opposed to 2.29 fish.100h-1 during the period 1971-84, representing a 61% decrease over a ten year period (Bennett et al.1994, Lamberth 1996). There was an increase in CPUE in the De Hoop Marine Reserve from 0-2 fish.100h-1 at the time of declaration in 1986 to more than 5 fish.100h-1 during the period 1988 to 1995 (C. Attwood, MCM, Unpubl. data). Since then, there has been a small but noticeable decrease to 3-4 fish.100h-1, probably reflecting the overall stock decline experienced by this species. Catch frequencies have declined by almost an order of magnitude over the last decade. During 1971-84, 90% of angler outings yielded zero, and 5.2% one fish as opposed to 97% and 2.3% for 1994-96 (Bennett et al. 1994, Lamberth 1996). TRENDS IN CATCH COMPOSITION: RECREATIONAL SHORE ANGLING: Became important in shore-anglers catches in the early 1960s where they provided 30% of anglers’ catches in the SWC (Bennett 1993a). Its’ importance grew to 43% in the late 1970s but thereafter experienced a sustained decline until 1990-91 where it contributed only 8% of the catch by mass. By 1994-96 white steenbras comprised only 0.6% of the mass and 4% of the numbers of the total catch (Lamberth 1996). MANAGEMENT CONSIDERATIONS The white steenbras stock has collapsed and drastic management measures need to be implemented as a matter of urgency in order to rebuild the stock. Information and picture obtained from: www.ori.org.za

• 4 weeks later...

This stuff should be really good.I purchased 4 packets and put all of them in the front pocket of my fishing bag (ready for the last 2 weeks for fishing). The bag was left in the garage. Someone left the door leading to the house open and my dog chaw all the worms.I found only pieces of the packets in the doggy bed. Let's hope that the fish likes them, too:lol:

• 2 months later...

Well, long overdue feedback on the worms...In future I will stick to the real ones. Why I'm saying this is that the moment that you cast you bait with this worms on it, the small peckers are on it like a storm. I used them in combination with squid and caught cast for cast black tails, but the real fish did not like them.(The attached was captured on a real bait.)They lost me as a customer, I will have to pump for the real thing.

037.jpg