recomended light SP reel?

Just purchased a Flight series t-curve (1-3 or 1-4kg) with recoil guides on it recently and can't say i'm overly impressed with it. Strong as hell but just not for me. Finding the line wraps around the guides more than any other rod I have had especially around the top and bottom guide. Might be a good slamon basher for the coorong me thinks. Still love my 3 piece Ian Miller mexican 2 raider and best things I purchased recently was the limited edition ABT Sol bream rod. (Picked it up second hand but in new conditon off here) As mention, the 2500Sol is an awesome reel as it's so user friendly and cross functional. Already landed snapper, cod, redfin, trout, salmon, bream... the list keeps going and so does the sol. 2 spool, one for light work, one for heavier. Love em !!

I have a near new Daiwa Sol 2000 (or may be 2500) in box with spare spool I am looking at selling if you are interested. It has recently been serviced and has upgraded bearings (cost around $80) in the spool and been super tuned making it super smooth to use. Both spools have light braid on them - I think the spare spool has 3lb and the spool on the reel 2lb.....Would be happy to let it go for $250... Email me at nathan.williams@appleyard.net.au or PM me here. Happy to negotiate...

urhookedfish wrote:

Ive heard that phrase of "Super tuned" used before, just what does that involve? Oh and how much would that reel retail for? Obviously with upgrade and braid it sounds like a nice reel there Mr Willy :cheer:

I didn't have the tuning done, the guy I bought it from did. I bought two of the exact same reel and have only used the other one - this one has just sat in its box since I got it....I think it more has to do with the extra bearings - just makes the reel handle much smoother to use, and the drag lets line out so much smoother.I think they retail for at the very cheapest around the $280 mark (the box has $339 on it) but the extra tuning cost $80 and you are looking at around $50 for the braid....As I said happy to negotiate...
jagger wrote:

Just purchased a Flight series t-curve (1-3 or 1-4kg) with recoil guides on it recently and can't say i'm overly impressed with it. Strong as hell but just not for me. Finding the line wraps around the guides more than any other rod I have had especially around the top and bottom guide. Might be a good slamon basher for the coorong me thinks. Still love my 3 piece Ian Miller mexican 2 raider and best things I purchased recently was the limited edition ABT Sol bream rod. (Picked it up second hand but in new conditon off here) As mention, the 2500Sol is an awesome reel as it's so user friendly and cross functional. Already landed snapper, cod, redfin, trout, salmon, bream... the list keeps going and so does the sol. 2 spool, one for light work, one for heavier. Love em !!

Glad you like the rod Jagger ;) As some of the others have said cant go wrong with a Sol.
Breamer Boy wrote:

jagger wrote:

Glad you like the rod Jagger ;) As some of the others have said cant go wrong with a Sol.
Yeah she's a great rod BB, only used it a couple of times but exactly what I was after. Going to save it for the comps pretty much to keep it in good condiction. Have the Tcurve as as basher now and the raider for freshwater/creek with it being a 3 piece.
Dubs The Tackle Man wrote:

Jags works a bit better than when you got it hey lol just had to stur you up a bit mate

Aaahh yeah, just a wee bit :laugh: Loving it though, can't wait to really put it to the test with something biiig. Missed my chance at LBB when presumably a big cod blew me away on the line class. Have to upgrade the leaded when fishing there again !geez it was ugly when I first got it. Can't beleive it even truned over. It was a shame as teh outside was like breand new just the guts.I had the guys I purchases it from send me an email a few weeks back asking how it was going so I gave him a spray. He still claims it was damaged in the post. ;)
  • 2 weeks later...