St Kilda Boat Ramp - Low tide

Hi Guys,I just bought my first Boat after months of looking, yeeha!!!!Savage 17' :)I still have lots to learn about getting out on the water and plan to take it slow and safe.I am keen to take it out with the family on the Aust day holiday Tuseday and I live near the St Kilda ramp. I see from the tide time there is only one tide on Tuesday and it looks to be low most of the day when I would plan to be out.Can anyone let me know what is the ramp like at low tide for getting the boat on / off the trailer? If not good, any other ramps better suited?Thanks.

just be very careful at extreme low tides as yesterday.05 we launched and found out the hard way that there is still a drop off at the end :angry: nearly lost the car luckily there was another boatie next to us to help get boat of trailer as the handbrake and park wouldnt hold car thanks to him 4 the help other than that its a great ramp to use

welcom abord big time i thought they had fixed that but obviously not when the ramps where first put there i had to help a bloke retreave his boat as to get it back on the trailer he had to go over the drop but his car wouldnt pull the boat and trailer back over the ledge,,had to put his trailer on my car and drag his boat out for him...

• 3 weeks later...

I launched the other weekend and had a good day out but came in at low tide. To get the boat back on the trailer dropped off the ramp ledge but was able to pull it out OK. Thanks Guy's.I did have to help another bloke as he was struggling big time on getting his back on the trailer and there was a big line up of in/out as well. Makes me wonder why some people just stand and watch others struggle and not give another a hand to get out quicker! :S

woddy there is a simple asnwer to this-- some people are just plain straight out w+*%*&%# and one day these same people will be stuck and will wonder why no one helps them..i seen a bloke dump his boat on the ramp at nth haven one morning with no one but his wife to help him and she was to busy telling him how stupid he was dumping his 2 day old boat :(:( it was a 15 ft fibrglass between around 15 of us it was back on the trailer with only a little damage in 5 mins and the ramp cleared.. meanwhile another 30+ people stood and watched camera phones in hand losers

• 2 weeks later...