Biggest Mully...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi fellas, thought I would kick start an old thread and see what you guys have been catching. This is my biggest mully, didn't get the weight but was 141cms tip to tip. Caught on the west coast a few

Hi fellas. Here's a pic of my best metro mully caught just b4 I sold my cuddy cab a little while back. Over the 50lb mark. These fish don't come easy but magic can happen for those who persist. I just

130cm on a livie on k-mart gear in the lake

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

the port was pretty slow this year for some reason. My theory is the amount of salmon trout around this year in the port. Netting buy backs has increased dramatically the number of salmon trout around this year. During the prime Mully season the port was flooded with these little buggers. The resident mullys would have had no trouble getting a feed so they didn't have to chase our baits too much to survive. Just imagine how much bigger the mullys will get with a good supply of yummy salmon trout and mullet to feed on. I had a lady come into the shop and show a big bucket of tommies she had caught. About 100 of them she said. She was stoked until i told her they were undersized baby salmon trout.Another dude came in talking himself up because he caught 4 salmon trout in 2 hours on a mag minnow. I was almost gonna tell him there was an 8 year old kid who caught about 20 on just a red hook with a ball sinker. Thats my say

Guest Butters

yeah deffinatly sucks sitting out in the cold if nothing is happening.. still gotta be out the for a shot..i know i should have been getting out a bit more that i have.. {SMILIES_PATH}/sad.gif

• 3 weeks later...

are you talking about the onk mulloway are a pain in the arse fish to catch at the best of times i use to catch lots of schoolies in the port but in the last 4 years of tried and my old spots just dont work very well anymore :evil: i couldnt find one if my life depended on it now in that place

i used to get heaps of schoolies from the north haven breakwater in summer... use to do weightless slow retrieve with frogmouth pillies and white bait... one morning out there me and a mate managed about 12 fish.. biggest went just legal.. haven't caught one out there for a while though now..

• 3 months later...
Guest xtrafishyfish

Just had my wife's cousin staying with us for 3 weeks (he's a New South Wally), so we've been busy catching plenty of local snapper and whiting.He mainly chases mullies landbased where he lives in Forster-Tuncurry. Here's a pic of his 60 pounder he got off the Tuncurry rock wall earlier this year in FebruaryPosted Image

• 1 month later...