Biggest Mully...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi fellas, thought I would kick start an old thread and see what you guys have been catching. This is my biggest mully, didn't get the weight but was 141cms tip to tip. Caught on the west coast a few

Hi fellas. Here's a pic of my best metro mully caught just b4 I sold my cuddy cab a little while back. Over the 50lb mark. These fish don't come easy but magic can happen for those who persist. I just

130cm on a livie on k-mart gear in the lake

Posted Images

Guest xtrafishyfish

yea mully heaps of butterfish at westbeach ive been flogging them down there some biggies to {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

can you put up some pics?
i dont worry about pics mate i just worry about eating them

I popped down there and fished of the breakwater last night with live shitties.Didnt even get a sniff, had a few squid grab our baits though.Met Butters down there too!

i use to fish there about 5 to 6 yrs ago and found shitties didnt work real well down there live mullet and salmon trout are better baits not sure why that is shitties work well in other places around that area its got me stuffed {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif probably because there your upper class mulloway from glenelg {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif keep trying down there tho just because theres rumors getting around doesnt mean there going to jump on the hook there bloody mulloway they dont come easy big or small

Mulloway have preference over baits for sure...they aitn stupid. Id rather eat a gar or mullet over a shitty any day!Ive been fishing at west lakes with live shitties and no runs at all, I caught a gar and reeled in my still live and kickn shitty and chucked out the gar in exactly the same spot and I was already on before the bait had hit the bottom.

So obviously they are legals down there. No offence mate but if you come on a forum and your first two posts are that you have been getting heaps of mullys, then your second is the quote above, makes you look like either a bs artist a bragger or both.Take it however you like but thats the way it looks.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

So obviously they are legals down there. No offence mate but if you come on a forum and your first two posts are that you have been getting heaps of mullys, then your second is the quote above, makes you look like either a bs artist a bragger or both.Take it however you like but thats the way it looks.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

Would've liked to have seen some pictures {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gif

thats not very nice mate i dont have cam so i better not make any reports then. wot a dick {SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif:(" title="Angry" />

@ Turkel

thats not very nice mate i dont have cam so i better not make any reports then. wot a dick Angry
Mulloway are a very elusive fish to catch. Good anglers land a few in their life time. If some one is gonna claim they catch heaps well i wanna see proof too.Bragging is far more effective with proof.I'm not saying the dude isn't catching them.... but it sounds fishy to me?????AS for calling someone a dick after you have only just signed up?.... What's with that?????.... are you looking to make friends or enemies on this siteWe are all pretty relaxed here and don't want anyone called dicks.Chill out manI'm backing Cal on this one.
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

if that was caught in westlakes ive seen it all omg :shock:

yup thats the beach next to dicksmiths and i have seen alote bigger caught there
wow if uve seen bigger mullys then this from the lake uve seen it all, i havnt even seen a bigger mully caught from the port that was bigger then this 134cm monster. I did see a pic of another 50lb caught from the lake but that was caught on bait.

A couple for me, this one wasnt a bad size but it was my first legal on a lure so its special to mePosted ImageAnd this one also from the Port. made the cold nights , livebaiting off the rocks worthwhile {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gifCheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif Posted Image

if that was caught in westlakes ive seen it all omg :shock:

yup thats the beach next to dicksmiths and i have seen alote bigger caught there
wow if uve seen bigger mullys then this from the lake uve seen it all, i havnt even seen a bigger mully caught from the port that was bigger then this 134cm monster. I did see a pic of another 50lb caught from the lake but that was caught on bait.
Luke I've seen pics of 60-70lbs. mullies from the port, that mullie brooksey got must have been in there awhile, too bad it died the next week {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gif I'm still hoping to get a cracker from the lake, my biggest from the lake is 90cm schoolie, biggest port is 125cm.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great fish and Photo Adam! That article was very well written too, inspiring stuff!as for this

i reckon if i caught one that big i would let it go seems a shame to pull the big bugga's like that out of the water

mehh, have you read his article? I think it is evident that Adam has ample respect for both the fish and the fishery. That capture will forever serve as a reminder of all the time, effort and heartbreak that goes hand in hand with targeting trophy fish! Plus he's released plenty!-Good to see ya made it here GI!Yak-Dave.

i reckon if i caught one that big i would let it go seems a shame to pull the big bugga's like that out of the water

Have a read first mate! Or if I can quote it for you:

After being connected for over 4 hours.........for the next 2 hours this magnificant creature tormented me by swimming just out of reach of the net......the fish finally succumbed......it weighed an impressive 23.2kg or around 51 pounds, and I was so relieved to have finally reached my milestone. I had originally intended to keep my first 50 pounder so I could get a fibreglass replica done, but the fish's will to live was so strong, I made the decision to release it after some photos.......a constant flow of water through it's gills had meant it still had plenty of energy, and after inserting a tag into it's shoulder, there wasn't much persuasion needed for my tough opponent to swim away.I ventured out again the following friday.....even more excited to see the scales read 29.4kg (around 65lb). This fish was destined to be moulded and become the trophy that would grace my bedroom wall. It was a monumental personal achievement and something I'll never forget.

Good luck to him I say! He fishes hard for his successes, he worked for this fish, he respects the fish and the fishery, he practices C&R, and I recon this one's a trophy he's earnt!