What they eat in the US of A

a quick google..."Pork BungsPostby ChiefThunderbutt on Sep 27 2008 3:54 pmOn a recent trip to my local Asian market I was confronted with several packages in the meat counter that were labeled "pork bungs". I have eaten many strange foods in my travels but never, to my knowledge,any pork bungs.The National Pork Producers Council in cooperation with the National Pork Boardoffers the following definition;The rectum or bung attaches to the colon end of the large intestine and terminates at the anus. It is more bulbous in shape and wider and has more membrane covering than found on the large intestine. Rectums may be purchased split, scalded or unscalded.So it would seem that these delicacies are not pig assholes, as I initially thought, but merely rectums. I have done a diligent Google search and have found no recipes for these treasures. The bungs I saw did not seem to be split, which would have only offered a half assed meal, but were whole. They were pink rather than brown so I must assume that they were scalded."

SandyWhiting wrote:

Marinated roo meat is lish, especially with garlic...MmmmmmmmmPosted Image

pass on that,,, i had a marinated steak last night on the rocks.... then about 3 hrs later, it came back to ahaunt me as it always does... NOW i know why i dont eat a great deal of meat...it doesnt like me.

Alright, I'll put my hand up!As well as eating things like stomach lining and tendons, I've also eaten pig large intestine.It was a Chinese dish which isn't as bad as it sounds. I had it deep fried, so it's crunchy on one side and soft on the other, but it can be prepared in any number of different ways including boiled with a sauce, or stuffed with vegetables.Posted ImagePork is the most eaten meat over in Asia, and due I guess to the large population and poverty, no part of the animal ever goes to waste.It takes time to prepare it properly, and naturally you have to ensure it's flushed and cleaned properly.I'd have to say if you didn't actually know what it was beforehand, I don't think any one of you would say no to it.I DID know what it was before eating it, but when living over there, just like the locals, ya get to try most things eventually, and I was open minded enough to try each dish before knocking it, although there was a couple that even I couldn't bear to eat.Cant say I've had the pleasure of pig uterus yet though!If you'd like to bring Softy around one evening on a weekend, I've got a bottle of wine here you can both try, and pig arse has nothing on this stuff.

Baby mice wine is a traditional Chinese and Korean "health tonic," which apparently tastes like raw gasoline. Little mice, eyes still closed, are plucked from the embrace of their loving mothers and stuffed (while still alive) into a bottle of rice wine. They are left to ferment while their parents wring their tiny mouse paws in despair, tears drooping sadly from the tips of their whiskers.

They recon it takes a big man to eat the grub from a bottle of Tequila, so I need to ask, how many are big enough to eat a little mouse from a bottle of Chinese wine? There's about 12 little mice floating around in the bottle, so more than enough for everyone! ;)Posted Image
Ranger wrote:

wes80 wrote:

Damit i only had regular bacon with my eggs thismorning, better put arseholes and eggs on the shop list for next sunday

For that comment, you can have karma! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
my mum owns a deli and prides her self on her bacon and eggs i wonder how well that would sell wes ...hell of a job to market it though :blink::blink::blink:

b]carps wrote:[/b]

Ranger wrote:

wes80 wrote:

Damit i only had regular bacon with my eggs thismorning, better put arseholes and eggs on the shop list for next sunday

For that comment, you can have karma! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
my mum owns [a deli and prides her self on her bacon and eggs i wonder how well that would sell wes ...hell of a job to market it though :blink::blink::blink:
carps tell Mum to serve it on a sourdouh Roll the big chains seem to be able too sell shit pattys on that bread :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm thinking now of enetering the next Australian masterchef series, thanks to you guys :woohoo: I'm dreaming up a recipe here.How about Rangers Pigs intestine marinated in Chinese wine, stuffed with baby mice. All with a side dish of medium rare Pigs euterus.For sweets its Pigs Bung Donuts, coated with a chocalate icing of course ;) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: My stomachs growling as I write :laugh::laugh::laugh: My grandma was a "waste not want not" person, so I'm sure she'd approve :cheer: :P

Guest Brent61southoz
afishyfish wrote:

carps wrote:

mc donalds would call it the big anus burger hungry jacks the angry anus bahahahahahaha

Id be pretty angry if someone tried to put MY anus on a burger :huh:
now that would be gigantic burger , dont worry AFF youve been booked in to be used as a bike rack, just buried face down :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: brent
Brent61southoz wrote:

afishyfish wrote:

carps wrote:

mc donalds would call it the big anus burger hungry jacks the angry anus bahahahahahaha

now that would be gigantic burger , dont worry AFF youve been booked in to be used as a bike rack, just buried face down :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: brent
Just dont forget to put your money in the slot B4 ya park the bike :blink::P:laugh:
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Noob fisher
afishyfish wrote:

Brent61southoz wrote:

afishyfish wrote:

carps wrote:

Just dont forget to put your money in the slot B4 ya park the bike :blink::P:laugh:
:dry: :blink::( :X
  • 2 months later...
RogerG wrote:

If pork bungs are pigs rectums what is the stuff made of that they eat in Victoria called Bung Fritz?RogerG

Bung is the casing that the fritz is put into traditionaly tied with string and then dipped in a yellow -orange dye and cooked .Its a natural casing the suppermarkets want to slice meats for the deli so the plastic casings have come into vogue. thin sausages were always made using washed and salted small sheeps intestine as there casings.Cheers Mark
wedgetail wrote:

RogerG wrote:

If pork bungs are pigs rectums what is the stuff made of that they eat in Victoria called Bung Fritz?RogerG

Bung is the casing that the fritz is put into traditionaly tied with string and then dipped in a yellow -orange dye and cooked .Its a natural casing the suppermarkets want to slice meats for the deli so the plastic casings have come into vogue. thin sausages were always made using washed and salted small sheeps intestine as there casings.Cheers Mark
you think your a butcher now do you :P