Small redfin whole

Hi all,Got put onto this by Lord Blackbilly - and its a winner. Just tried it tonight - taking small redfin, scaling them, head off and frying them whole, then eating off the bone.Comes up a treat - probably better than fillets IMO. I cooked half a dozen fish around 20-25cm.Posted ImageGive away the big ones and eat the bubs I reckon :silly: So instead of throwing away the small ones, give it a crack next time.

Lord Blackbilly wrote:

How do you scale them? About a 9 out of 10........... :P I was given this by a hungarian friend of mine, dusted in flour with paprika, gives it a sweet smokey peppery aftertasteYum ..........wheres my rod I'm off down the dam

Thanks for sharing the other day when I was down your way. Total killer I reckon - I just did them with S+P and lemon. Paprika next time. Not like small reddies are in any great shortage either. With a knife they are scaleable, not the easiest fish to do but it works, made a hell of a mess.
tonyb wrote:
That's strange, all my small reddys always fall back in the water
I do the same TonyB but mine go back without gills :)the larger ones are more CF&R (catch fillet & release).An easy way to skin a reddie is to hang them until the skin dries out then just peel the shin back as your running a sharp knife between skin and flesh.cheers wes ;)