Sign in to follow this  
jaffa

Tender Squid

Guest shagging

my mother uses cold milk! soaking them over night,drying them well then the flour! it works realy well! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: yum yum

just soak for as long as you can afford in the kiwi, I would say no less than a couple of hours and ideally over night. I've used this before, and it works a treat, especially if you're not overly experienced with cooking squid.

I tried the kiwi trick the other night but had to leave it in for 6 hours (not by choice), it worked well but was probably a bit too tender so i'll try the recomended 2 hours next time.if soaked overnight i think you would end up with a bag of snot?great tip ;) thankswes

kiwi fruit makes kangaroo into mush within 4 hours so be careful how much you risk leaving overnight or for any great length of time. Id try 2 hours to start with.in fact im ging to try it right now. thanks for the tip . for some reason i had never thought of using it on squid. I always freeze mine cut up and with a dash of milk. -craig