long life flavoured gents gets thumbs up

I tried some of those long life flavoured gents the other day. They got some kind of funky smell to them. I used them on mullet down at north haven to catch some live bait. The mullet loved them. I had little salmon trout hit them and a couple of tommies too. I used bugger all gents and the rest went home and back into the fridge for another session.I'm a fan i must admit :lol:

• 6 months later...

I am also a fan of them for my live bait fishing I use sheldons gents I have also been using his burley with the maggot juice the sawdust textured stuff...Ill give you a hot tip if you want gar,tommies,bream or whatever and its slow mix this with tuna oil and a bit of salt water dont be shy with the oil just add a bit of water to make it like porridge..Throw handfulls over the side or drop it down in the burley pot and you will see for yourself..once their on the bite slow down the burley they wont leave the area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I've got a bit of a problem wiv em, and I'd really like to discuss this wiv someone from that Sheldon's Bait company!Longlife, sure, I had no problem, but it was the FLAVOUR which is givin me an issue.I'm not sure what it is! It's on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't quite place it! I must say though, it left quite a bitter aftertaste! Nutty? Tangy? Nope, I think Fred summed it up in a word! FUNKY!!! {SMILIES_PATH}/sad.gif

I just bought some inthe wet mix to take away to port broughton as I wsnt sure that they would be stocked up there. Will tell you guys how i go when i get back in a weeks time.Thanks for the tip on the taste Ranger. I am looking forward to watching the boys (both 10yrs old and new to fishing) put them on hoks. Was gunna try to con em into eating em but maybe not now..LOL

Vixen, go tell ya boys it's true about keeping them moist, but ya also have to keep maggots warm to make em real wriggly, and that's why they need to keep the maggots in their mouths!They'll be able to feel em gettin more wriggly on their tongues too! Just tell the boys not to swallow, and resist the urge to hiccup at all costs! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif