help.... workmate has promised me some kick arse salmon gps marks for land based action around the west coast... now the gps i borrow, is pretty old.... think of the 10 commandments era.... :) so is there a web page around, that when i get the coordinaltes on the weekend, i type them in and get the car route? hell the gps im using lies anyhow, but if it gives me a pretty good indication to where im actually going, then i can head off, and search around for gutters.thanks in advance.

dutchy wrote:

G'day RocknevGoogle earth the coordinates and print out a 2 copies one showing roads to get there. One zoomed in on the spot to pick landmarks, gutters and rocks when you get there.

thanks chief... i never even thought of google earth... wohoooooooooooo look out west coast... here i come... heading down lincoln way on monday and start the search from there.

Well, considering your virtual place ended up in the northern hemisphere :blush: , I reckon you forgot to put a minus (-) symbol before your lattitude or a 'S' for south, that will at lest get you into our part of the world where the water turns the opposite direction ;) !!As for Madrid in Spain on longitude it is a bit of a mystery :S , Madrid is at 3° 41'15" W (west), your point would be about 133°-134° E (east)longitude, I would hazard a guess you have managed to forget the 13 in front.Madrid is 'west' of the prime meridian (0°, greenwich, GMT, UTC north/south line), we are 'east' (the direction the sun comes up :) ).Hope this has helped :cheer:

ltfish wrote:

Hi nev if you cant work it out drop around and i will show you. At top of screen type in destination from e.g Whyalla to port linchon it will show you the route to take how long and distance.You might have to convert gps marks. They should be in degress decimal minutes.

its got me stuffe dmate i tell ya.... i will find a common drop around town, and type that in and see what comes up.
Del wrote:

hahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahaha*takes deap breath*hahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahhaa nev.. i think you need to "update" yourself a bit mate :Pnah u should have some fun down there.. tho its not really salmon season..

something to do del..something to do. i will just suck it and see.... might just play around in lincoln national park , then maybe hit almonta for a look... will never never know if i never never go.

all sorted now thanks.... ltfish pointed out a few things i missed out on, and its all sweet again. turns out the gps marks were not for salmon on the west coast... but for SNAPPER around whyalla..... wohooooooooooo....looks like ive got my dates wrong as well... im thinking monday was the 23rd of feb... but its the 22nd... my 2nd daughters bday... so looks like i aint going that day.. maybe next wend i reckon.