aarron wrote:

Hi All,Here is the cover for issue 10 which should be out in the next week. Posted Image

now where have i seen that snapper b4 ;) Joel from shimano with nice fish on a squidgy 125mm white lightning shad, still proving to be the BIG fish plastic accounting for the top 3 fish from this session all 12kg+cheersBigAsh
Guest lloydy

Just like to say congrats to all involved in putting together this issue, One of the best IMO,Especially liked Weavers article on my home waters (Muray Bridge), really enjoyed the read,All in all a great read!

great to see the proud ranger showing off his hammerhead.lukewestlakes in there also with his hammer.any other strike'n'hookers make the mag??how's the smile on the bloke with the goolwa flathead :woohoo: :woohoo: looks like weaver has been employed by the murray bridge tourist board.I was under the railway bridge last week. boy, do those pigeons get fed well. massive bombs plopping down :laugh::laugh: can someone say where is the lake located on page 50?? another great read, would have liked to see more fresh water articles though.

Guest shagging
Ranger wrote:

I'm sure I also happened to see a certain Voogoofish in an article on "Hard Won Reds" page 18 too! :cheer:

Nice hammer head in that magazine! dont no about the ugly bugger holding it though :ohmy: ;);):laugh: just kiddin mate! your a handsome man! :huh:

This episode certainly was packed full of Strike Hookers !!I know I will forget a few and without pulling the mage out....Dubs with a nice snapper,WB with a coorong Trevally and fighting a nice Coorong Salmon,Ranger with a winning Hammerhead,Dubs and his winning Snapper,Big Ash's Frint page snapper ( well your charters anyway !! )Me ( well my arm ) with a metro bladed carp,Some great reads from WB, Weaves, Big Ash.... geez the list just keeps going and my memory is failing...Someone needs to fill in the rest....

This episode certainly was packed full of Strike Hookers

Well, anyone who is anyone is a strikehook member! :cheer: Just goes to show the quality of the mag I recon! Local interest too! A magazine by fishermen, for fishermen, packed full of fishermen!I don't know about you lot, but I really enjoy picking up a magazine and seeing pictures of people I know and reading articles written by people I know.I even have my wife reading over my shoulder and saying things like:Hey, I've seen that guy!Who is that, you know him don't you!Is that the guy we went to the barbeque with?Wasn't he at that fishing show?He's the guy from the tacklestore, what's his name?Etc, etc.Another thing to keep in mind, is that if people like US lot can feature and write, there isn't any reason why YOU can't also do the same!It's just like posting on the forums. You choose a subject, write a few words, add a few pics and try to make it interesting. Before you know it, you're a published journalist, and you've got something to add to ya CV. ;)
Ranger wrote:

This episode certainly was packed full of Strike Hookers

Well, anyone who is anyone is a strikehook member! :cheer: Just goes to show the quality of the mag I recon! Local interest too! A magazine by fishermen, for fishermen, packed full of fishermen!I don't know about you lot, but I really enjoy picking up a magazine and seeing pictures of people I know and reading articles written by people I know.
Truer words may never have been spoken... well... you know what I mean.Personally I think it's great being able to pick out a few faces... It really pulls you in and I find myself going straight for the middle pages to see who's got their mugs in there !!
Guest davidm#2

it is definetly a gr8 read, and its gr8 of them to be a sponsor of the site.you can add my mug to the list, the brag board is probs the first thing i turn to aswellyou can learn alot from these books, and not just fishing theres been some good recipes in therecheers

davidm#2 wrote:

it is definetly a gr8 read, and its gr8 of them to be a sponsor of the site.you can add my mug to the list, the brag board is probs the first thing i turn to aswellyou can learn alot from these books, and not just fishing theres been some good recipes in therecheers

Your not wrong about the recipes !! This issues were crackers ! :cheer:
Guest davidm#2
jagger wrote:

davidm#2 wrote:

Your not wrong about the recipes !! This issues were crackers ! :cheer:
yeah this issue has has good old Fish & Chups, Salt& pepper Squidbut i reckon the best would have to be the Cheese Herb Crusted Flathead. it looks butiful i might have to try a cook that one.cheers
yorke_angler wrote:

congrats to everyone who was in this issue, dubs that was a impressive snaps for sure! :blink: Hope to get my mug in sometime.. oh who can i send recipes to btw? I have a much better batter and s&p squid recipe! imo anyway ;):P

Can yo PM me, always looking for that ultimate batter !!