thai crab cakes500g of crab meat500g of cold mashed spuds2 eggs ( to bind the mix together )1 onionchilli powder to your tastemix it all together form into patties and roll in bread crumbs shallow fry in olive oilsweet chilli sauce and cold beer optionalspook

I must be missing something,everytime I have tried frozen crabs they have been pretty ordinary,bit mushy ,and sort of like the flavour has been leached out.Only ever eaten crabs caught myself fresh,and if ever had left over instead of freezing got the meat out and put in a jar of vinegar with a bit of pepper,and eaten on sangas for a few days until gone.But in saying that the frozen ones tried were always some that someone had bought from the market/fish shop,maybe that had something to do with it. B)

spook wrote:

thai crab cakes500g of crab meat500g of cold mashed spuds2 eggs ( to bind the mix together )1 onionchilli powder to your tastemix it all together form into patties and roll in bread crumbs shallow fry in olive oilsweet chilli sauce and cold beer optionalspook

Not to detract from your recipe in any way, but can I also suggest for a Thai style recipe, also adding:Grated gingerMinced garlicChopped corianderto taste.Also, use red onion for the sweetness, not white or brown.Garnish with a wedge of lime for squeezing and a sprig of coriander.Serve this on a banana leaf and your friends will think you are the worlds newest masterchef!
  • 1 month later...