Joepro, President SAFWAA on here is sponsored by them and brought a few to a SAFWAA meeting to show the guys!Great looking/feeling rod but I'm personally not sure at all about the marketing strategy behind the system :unsure: To liken a fishing rod to a carrot seems nonsensical to me although the technology is only applied to carrot fibre additives to the graphite base to build the rods :blink:The rod is even carrot coloured as well :unsure: Now, "Shimano Raider", of which I own four sweet examples, that's a name to sell a finesse rod B)

Cheers TonyB, I do know joe. and i have used his rods out on the water. i do think they are a nice rod but i am just after some other people thoughts. On there website they also make golf clubs and i have also found some carrot stix horse whips but i'm not to sure if its the same company. They also have some a new rod called a micro guide. and from what i have found on the net these rods a even better. http://www.carrotstix.com/ Posted Image This is the old guides compered to the new smaller ones. some people in the states were saying they were increasing there casting from about 35yrd to 45yrd. thats a bit of a diffrence.Cheers Goldy

picte21micro04_2.jpg

Sheez,they sure are modern thats for sure :blink: •Ultra Lite Weight High Modulus Graphite.•Lite Weight Double Swaged Pac Bay Guides With SS Frames And Hard Chrome Inserts.•Ultra Lite Graphite Filled MaximumExposure Split Reel Seat Casting AndSpinning.•Incredibly Sensitive Stress Free Blank.• Velvet Touch Grip.•Elements 21’s Carrot Stix represents thelatest in cutting edge technology, using anewly developed proprietary method ofintegrating Nano level Cellulose Bio-Fibers into the blank

LOL Tony,I wish.Actually was just pointing out the high tech aspect,all this talk of nano level celluose bio fibres goes over my head mate,sounds more like ingredients a nuclear scientist would mix up,than a fishing rod :laugh::laugh::laugh: From all reports nice rods,high tech though thats for sure.Cheers B)

G'day Alli currently own three of the carrot stix(2 of the orginal range & 1 of the golds) I use em on the bream, they are an excellent product have caught about 20 bream from legals up to 35cms on them,plus a 43cm snapper & a couple of schoolies & a couple of other people who have fished with me have used them & have been impressed with them. I guess if they just called em carrot stix with out all the techno jargon you'd be sitting there sratching yer bonceasking why the hell did they call em carrot stix?????????all i know is i'll be fishing them for quite a while to come, luv'emlight & very responsive rods with plenty of grunt to turn an angry bream away from his snaggy home. Go the carrot stix.

Cal wrote:

What I cant get my head around,is how someone actually worked out to extract fibres out of a carrot and incorporate them into a fishing rod :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I reckon they would of just got "Bugs Bunny" on a life time fibre extraction contract Cal :P:laugh::laugh::laugh: On a more practical note tho, Joe really knows his fishing tackle, has been in the trade for a long time, fishes in tournos where he does very well and I'd be leaning towards respecting his advice on this one B)