Top Customer Service

Its usually hard to find service as good as this from large companies.A number of months ago I bought some Platypus sinking braid to try out. So about a month after purchasing I got out for a fish and found that once the line was wet the colour from the braid was literally dripping and onto my new cork grips. AAGGH. Pink grips :unsure: . So I rang Platypus and was told to return the line and it would be tested and if faulty it would be replaced, oh and postage was on them. No worries. But slack ass me hadnt sent the line off just yet and a few weeks later I am researching lines to put on an alvey to fish off the rocks. I wanted Platypus as it is a good quality line and price wise its not to bad but which product to buy? So I rang Platypus again to get some expert advice as seeing as they make the product they should be able to recommend the best product in their range for my purposes. So I get handed over to their General Manager who after 3 mins of discussion asks for my phone number so he can ring me back and I am not paying for an std call. Cool no worries. So after a good 10 to 15 mins of discussion the choice of line has swapped around half a dozen times through over analysing the pros and cons of each line. End result I am told I will be supplied a spool of platinum line to try and if not suitable then try the lo stretch or what ever cheap stuff I can find. Was also told not to worry about sending the remaining braid as they will send a replacement spool as well. Apparently there was a known issue with the colour leaching but was recalled quite a while ago. Ok extremely happy with that result. So the end result is the products turned up today and was also supplied with a cap as well. I have mainly used platypus lines throughout my time fishing but will now be making sure any respooling is done using their product. I have never had such service from a company like that and to say I am impressed is an understatement.Posted Image

Yeah mate I was quite surprised. I mean I would have been happy with just the recommendation and the line replaced. It doesnt take a great deal to keep customers happy but these guys I believe were exceptional. The hat was a nice extra. Pity I wont get to use it. Sandy whiting has claimed it already :angry::laugh::laugh:

Guest lloydy

They are a true australian company, brought up in the days when customer service existed,None of these overseas companys who you cant even ring without talking to 20 non english speaking sales reps!!!

Johnny Rotten wrote:

well done vb4me.......good to see the little guy's getting a good break every now and then ;) Platinum is pretty good line,reckon you'll enjoy using it B) probably try and get that hat back from SWMBO though :P

its obvious.. you havnt met sandy.... hahhahahaha he got no chance!

Tough aint the word JR. Those smilies she uses are based on real life events :huh::huh: Yeah I reckon the platinum should be fine off the rocks. Was a toss up between that and the lo stretch. Judging by the line diameter though I reckon I could have a gone up in rating a bit though. The line I am usin at the moment is 30lb too but twice as thick.

Del wrote:

im assuming the boat then... although.. would be pretty good to rub one into nev to catch one on a SP off the rocks ;)

oohhh hes trying , believe me... i reckon there is a strong posibility vb will be the first bloke i know of to land a snapper from the rocks using a plastic....i will then take my hat off to the man, ( not a platapus hat... i dont have one of them :laugh: )
Del wrote:

Johnny Rotten wrote:

well done vb4me.......good to see the little guy's getting a good break every now and then ;) Platinum is pretty good line,reckon you'll enjoy using it B) probably try and get that hat back from SWMBO though :P

its obvious.. you havnt met sandy.... hahhahahaha he got no chance!
hell no... took me 6 weeks to get my chevy hat back.... i nearly threatened a law suit.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
rocknev wrote:

Del wrote:

im assuming the boat then... although.. would be pretty good to rub one into nev to catch one on a SP off the rocks ;)

oohhh hes trying , believe me... i reckon there is a strong posibility vb will be the first bloke i know of to land a snapper from the rocks using a plastic....i will then take my hat off to the man, ( not a platapus hat... i dont have one of them :laugh: )
funnily enough,nor does he........Sandy :angry::P
Johnny Rotten wrote:

rocknev wrote:

Del wrote:

funnily enough,nor does he........Sandy :angry::P
What's His is mine and what's mine is Mine :P:laugh::laugh:;)Posted ImageIf I disappear ul know he's thrown me overboard.. :laugh::laugh:
SandyWhiting wrote:

Nev just turned up here to show off his Big Rod.. :laugh::P;) VB is Quite Impressed.. :laugh: :silly: :lol:

Gee thyre a weird mob in Whyalla :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: I dont dare make any comments on the Rod having a soft, medium or hard action, yet alone if it has any dribbles after its refurbishing :dry:
SandyWhiting wrote:

pescados wrote:

SandyWhiting wrote:

Fine Then :angry::laugh::laugh: ;)But Im Keepin The Hat lol :laugh:Posted Image

Actually on second thoughts, it does not really suit you.Thinks a Crows hat might be better ;)
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr DONT SWEAR Pescados.. :laugh::laugh:
Hey that was not me on sunrise.sorry about the hijack vb.