Just Ordered My New Daiwa Seajigger

As the title suggests, i just ordered my new Daiwa Seajigger 305 today from the good guys at Gawler Fishing and Outdoors. Got it for a good price and cannot wait to put a big bend in it. Does anyone have one of these?The specs are as follows-2pc-10'3"-Med Light action-fast taper-cast weight 18-55gm-8-17lb lineI am going to be matching it with a Shimano TwinPower 5000, and i know it's a bit like putting a chev engine into a ford but it's what i've got.If the rod comes and the 5000 is a bit heavy then a TD Sol 3000 will go on it until i buy a reel suited to it. (maybe a new certate :woohoo: )

That's a great looking rod, I was thinking about getting one myself for throwing metal at salmon, but it was just too much money for me. A 5000 reel might be a bit big for that rod, it's a really slim, lightweight rod and the stripping guide isn't very big, the 3000 should be about right. I would love to hear what you think of it after it gets some use, I'm especially keen to know how it handles throwing 55 grams. Who knows, I might be able to justify the purchase after all. ;)

i was looking at that rod and a diawa reel to go with it but i couldnt justify the price of getting one.. specially for just chucking lures at sambos all day.....i jus bought an angler stealth and a shimano saros 3000 with braid for just under 400 and i love it it does the job and it didnt break my budget. I guess its personal preference though.... Just my opinion though

I have Seajigger 305 and my mate has both 305 and 315. What can i say, this is the best rod for Salmon you can find for under 300AUD. You can cast lures all day without getting tired. I use my with Daiwa Seagate 3500H, very good combo. My mate uses Daiwa Certate Hyper Custom 4000H with his Seajiggers.I dont like Shimano reels as they have lots of holes and the sand gets inside pretty easily. Only Daiwa !!! You will never regret.

plankton wrote:

That's a great looking rod, I was thinking about getting one myself for throwing metal at salmon, but it was just too much money for me. A 5000 reel might be a bit big for that rod, it's a really slim, lightweight rod and the stripping guide isn't very big, the 3000 should be about right. I would love to hear what you think of it after it gets some use, I'm especially keen to know how it handles throwing 55 grams. Who knows, I might be able to justify the purchase after all. ;)

Mate, go for Seajigger 305 if you need 55gm lures. I bought 305 as it can handle 35-100g. So i use 35-40g at Browns and Waitpinga and going to use 65gm on West Coast in 3 weeks time.

Sounds like a good rod. I'm looking for a similar rod. Fished locks well last week with a 7 6" Shimano Raider Snapper. Handled some large Salmon easily but wasn't really long enough to get great casting distance.Was thinking of getting a Sensor Surf, which is $40 cheaper than the Seajigger 305 from MoTackle.What would be the better rod out of the two? Will be purely for casting metals at Salmon and would be matched to a 3000 Saros with 15 lb braid, but shortly a 4500 Eblem Pro with 20lb braid.

lewie wrote:

Sounds like a good rod. I'm looking for a similar rod. Fished locks well last week with a 7 6" Shimano Raider Snapper. Handled some large Salmon easily but wasn't really long enough to get great casting distance.Was thinking of getting a Sensor Surf, which is $40 cheaper than the Seajigger 305 from MoTackle.What would be the better rod out of the two? Will be purely for casting metals at Salmon and would be matched to a 3000 Saros with 15 lb braid, but shortly a 4500 Eblem Pro with 20lb braid.

Mate, go Seajigger. It was designed to cast lures all day. Sensor was designed for bait fishing. If you want to cast light lures go for 305 if you want to be able to cast 35-65g with 15-20lb braid the 315 is your choice. You don't need to order it from Sydney, Rays and Anns sell it at bloody good price.

Thanks for the reply and advice. Definitely happy to go with the Seajigger. Live in Whyalla so normally order my stuff through Mo's, but will be in Adelaide in a couple of weeks so will go into Ray and Annes when i'm down. Can I ask how much you paid for it and Ray and Annes?

lewie wrote:

Thanks for the reply and advice. Definitely happy to go with the Seajigger. Live in Whyalla so normally order my stuff through Mo's, but will be in Adelaide in a couple of weeks so will go into Ray and Annes when i'm down. Can I ask how much you paid for it and Ray and Annes?

Mine was bought 6 month ago for 260AUD. But i think they are 240 now.
  • 2 months later...

they sound like great rods.i have an abu soros stx 40 reel spooled with 20lb braid which i use on my whiting rod. which model would match my reel to the best.305 315 or the 325 looking to cast lures for salmon at waits and parsons as well as around at yallata later this year. what would be the max size lure for each of the models.thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just double checked Ray and Annes and the rod you are after is only $229Haha no dice! Love the rod to bits! Faultless :)I find the rod perfect for the size it is rated for but in rougher surf when heavier weights are required I need to use a heavier rod. At the moment I use my sensor surf with saltiga surf but it isn't comfortable to cast lures all day. So..... This leads me to the desire to run a heavier lure specific casting outfit. Depends on how light you like to flick for salmon and how heavy it gets where you're casting. I prefer the 315 as it is lighter and I generally only throw 20g slugs. I happily throw 40gm lures on this but if you ever fish a bit heavier go the 305. I'm a little scared to fully load this rod up as much as i do others with any more than 40gms even though it is rated to 55gm.Great combo to flick though with a ci4 4000 and 20lb braid :) No more sore arms!!!

Great to hear mate.I'll mainly be sticking to 25gm, but occasionaly will go to 40gms...not very often though.My fav lure atm is the maria 38gm hardbody with just a single on the rear. Love it to bits !I've been using the snapper raider 7'6" for 2 years now so the extra lenght will be a welcome addition at waits, sellick and south port. Everything else will probably be the raider again.I'll be matching it to my 4000 FREAMS. Been using the 2500 sol for that long but the retrieval rate just isn't fast enough and the fact that I'm getting older want to make it as easy for myself as possible.Appreciate the info and think I'll be out tomorrow to purchase !

Ended up getting the Daiwa Jig caster 97MH.The 315 just didn't feel right. Great for 30gm but wouldn't like to get it my all with 40gmThey didn't have the 305 in stock and upon checking...neither did anywhere else :(The Jig caster felt great and feel comfortable puting my 100kg frame behind it so we will see how that goes on the weekend ! Certainly going to be able to cast a country mile further then the 7'6" !!

• 3 weeks later...