Yozuri Squid Jags

Hi guysI went to a number of tackle stores during the week (SFS and Ray and Anne's), looking for the yozuri oita cloth jags. In particular, I'm looking for the 2.5 size in green.Does anyone know of any tackle shops that have them? All the tackle shops seem to have got rid of the cloth ones and now have some very interesting colours (one looked liked nemo!).Please let me know.David

Guest shagging
David_C wrote:

Hi guysI went to a number of tackle stores during the week (SFS and Ray and Anne's), looking for the yozuri oita cloth jags. In particular, I'm looking for the 2.5 size in green.Does anyone know of any tackle shops that have them? All the tackle shops seem to have got rid of the cloth ones and now have some very interesting colours (one looked liked nemo!).Please let me know.David

Hey mate im pretty sure fish lups was selling some on the site not long ago! just go check in the sellers thread! :) hopefully he still has them :)

You said you went to FSF (Sports fishing scene).I picked up a pink Oita from the SFS at Cavan.If they dont have green, just get the funky pink one. Its been killing squid for me.I use it on a cast and retreive letting it sink quite deep and just giving the rod tip a slow flick on retreive and the squid jump all over it. I have seen all colours used and found Pink to be the ducks nuts.Sadly last night when down at Porties. I had just caught a squid taken the jag off used rod to fish for salmon then re-tied the Oita on. Cast and watched it sail off into the distance. I had tied it on as if I was using mono and totally forgot that I needed a different knot for braid...DOHso I am now in need of a new one. It was 18 bucks or so, so I will have to cough that up again... :angry: Brett.

Out of curiousity David do you find that particular model of yo zuri works better than others? So far Ive had more luck out of cheapies rather than the name brands I have bought. Although I havent got squid or cuttly for a while now.

im a fan of the pink yo-zuri, but sadly they are not built like they used to be.within 2 or 3 trips, the eyes fall out.my old green and pinks i used to have worked wonders, but they were that slammed and chewed up from big cuttlies and squid ripping them apart almost, they became BETTER than if they were new.ive also found when they fade a lot they work better, ut dont kow if thats becasue of the colour change, or because they have been beaten up and look sick, or becasue they have gained a smell to them.the old definatly out catches the new ive found though. i use them over the newer ones, until the barbs eventually fall out of the back and then its used as an attractent.

Thanks for that. Will be there this weekend.Yes, I've got heaps of different ones and I've just found heaps of success with these particular ones. My friend who fishes with me often uses the red and white ones and has just as much success. I suppose I just put it down to what you feel more confident in using and this quite often reflects in your catch rates.David