Curse you Ebay

Have been admiring a Studio Ocean Mark L50 ever since there release but with there horrendous price tag here in Australia it never entered my mind to think of getting one.Like a lot of us I snoop around Ebay just to see what fishing gear is on offer, mostly rubbish but sometimes a gem or two.Well you can imagine my surprise when there on offer is a brand new reel for less than the stores here in Australia can get them for from the Australian importer and its from a Ebay store I have got gear from before who has Very good feedback.So in a rush of adrenalin/excitement the buy button was pressed and yesterday my new baby arrived a nice shiny Studio Ocean Mark Blue Heaven L50-B.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAnd its own little padded bagPosted ImageNow to decide on a rod to suit {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

Guest fishum

Thats one flashy reel BuffWhat are you going to target with it? It is hard to tell just how big it is with no other items around it.What mere mortal type reel would it compare to in size and fishing category?Cheers

He is showing you the comparison size in his avatar..thats his new rod and reel hes holding

Mmmm, my friend buys reels via Ebay from trusted overseas stockists and sells them via Ebay at a significantly lesser price than local tackle stores, and he does NOT obtain his stock by robbing tackle stores! {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif I'd be fairly careful about dishing out serious accusations like that, even if they are just insinuations - especially when the aforementioned crime was (to my knowledge) not officially resolved by the 'experts'. {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gifGranted, Ebay 'dealers' such as my friend are not expecting to get Xmas cards from tackle stores, but it hardly warrants having aspercions and insinuations of that nature without any substance cast against them. Cheers,Wino

@ finaticNot a worries about the reel being stolen from SFS and resold as this size Ocean Mark (L50) had not been released into Australia at the time of the brake in at SFS {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif.Also seeing the Ebay store is in Malaysia i doubt it might have started its life here in OZ :)

@ FrogThe L50 in size is about the same size as the Saltiga 30Z but with a slightly larger line capacity {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifand it also fits into the same category/style of fishing as the Saltiga {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif