So I'm hoping to head to Salt Creek this weekend for the night with a mate. I havent been down there for almost 10 years so any tips you can give me for what gear to use ect would be handy as.Usually when I goto Goolwa ill use a pilchard baited on 2 gang hooks with a sinker (the ones with prongs)I dont generally know..what to look for lol, so just pick a spot the dog can run wild without annoying others.How do I spot gutters ect??Thanks

DO NOT TAKE A DOG TO SALT CREEK!!!Firstly I dont think it is legal to do so but not certainSecondly there is a heavy baiting progrom down there so i can assure you if you take a dog it will not return :( You should use a standard paternoster rig ( google it ) with a grapnell sinker ( the ones with the prongs ) Many baits work down there, pillies, gar, mullet, youll even get fish on a hook loaded with a heap of cockles. It never hurts to burly either.If thinking of going over tea tree then stop at the shell servo at salties and ask if its open ( it was full of water a couple of weeks ago )When your on a surf beach you are looking for GUTTERS and TRENCHES to fish into, any where else you are waisting your time. Look for a discernable difference between waves ie there will be obvious spots where there is no WHITE on the wave or,FLAT sea compared to bigger or well formed waves. Again googleing may help you understand this better.This is where to plonk a lineThis time of year you will mostly get elephant shark and sambosOH, take plenty of warm clothes ;) Good luck mate :)