From my understanding Paul, it occurs in the upper reaches of the Gulf, ie; St Kilda, Pt Gawler, 'Parham, 'Wakefield, Price etc. It also occurs in The Patawolonga on a smaller scale. I don't think it occurs in The Onka. {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif I am unaware of where else the phenomena occurs, but someone may be able to enlighten us further. {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gifI, for one, am very much looking forward to the run this year. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif I missed it last year, but now I've got my boat, I'm hanging out to collect some quality, free bait. {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif Just make sure you keep your eyes peeled guys, it's easy to get fully engrossed in netting the little suckers and forget you are in the vicinity of a shipping channel.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif Also handy to have a hypothermic blanket onboard too, hey Ranger..?? {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif LMAO! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifCheers,Wino

I, for one, am very much looking forward to the run this year. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif I missed it last year, but now I've got my boat, I'm hanging out to collect some quality, free bait. {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif Just make sure you keep your eyes peeled guys, it's easy to get fully engrossed in netting the little suckers and forget you are in the vicinity of a shipping channel.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif Also handy to have a hypothermic blanket onboard too, hey Ranger..?? {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif LMAO! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

I still giggle over that one mate! The poor bugger must have been freezin, but hey, when someone tells ya that ya need a LONG handled net, and you've never even tried this worming before, maybe it pays to actually LISTEN rather than leaning as far over the gunnel as ya can wiv a piddly little handle Ranger has shortened to stop your incessant whinging! {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifI forget how cold the water was that night, but from the look on his face, I'd say about -1001 celcius. {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gifIn regards to the blodworm run, it's something which happens ALL OVER. But Paul, if'n ya can't git any in Whyalla, I'll happily sell ya some of mine! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

More to the point does it occur in the Spencer Gulf? (Whyalla, Pt Pirie, Cowell)

I, for one, am very much looking forward to the run this year. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif I missed it last year, but now I've got my boat, I'm hanging out to collect some quality, free bait. {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif Just make sure you keep your eyes peeled guys, it's easy to get fully engrossed in netting the little suckers and forget you are in the vicinity of a shipping channel.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif Also handy to have a hypothermic blanket onboard too, hey Ranger..?? {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif LMAO! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

I still giggle over that one mate! The poor bugger must have been freezin, but hey, when someone tells ya that ya need a LONG handled net, and you've never even tried this worming before, maybe it pays to actually LISTEN rather than leaning as far over the gunnel as ya can wiv a piddly little handle Ranger has shortened to stop your incessant whinging! {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifI forget how cold the water was that night, but from the look on his face, I'd say about -1001 celcius. {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gifIn regards to the blodworm run, it's something which happens ALL OVER. But Paul, if'n ya can't git any in Whyalla, I'll happily sell ya some of mine! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif
Mate, I'd make the trip back up there just to see who gets push, gets thrown falls out ya boat!!! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifAnd these worms your gonna sell me are they collect using the same child labour as the ones with the pipi's cockles? {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifCheersPaul

More to the point does it occur in the Spencer Gulf? (Whyalla, Pt Pirie, Cowell)And these worms your gonna sell me are they collect using the same child labour as the ones with the pipi's cockles? {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

It happens everywhere mate! look for mangroves and intertidal flats, and you'll be fine!Businesses have been exploiting child labour since the days of Noah and the ark. I don't see no point in ME breaking such a long standing tradition! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

Clearly I need to hear more of this tale!Can someone please fill me in on who took a tumble and got wet {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif

Is seems hardly fair to take the p*ss outta someone who's not here to defend himself....................so yeah, let's do it!!! ;DLast year's bloodworm run, I had some friends approach me who'd never wormed before, asking if they could come out to see how it's done.We ended up taking a friends boat instead of mine, coz wiv a cabin and nice high sides, we thought his boat would be much more comfortable than my centre console, given the chilly conditions out in the middle of the night during July!5 of us set sail (3 worm scoopers, one light boy, and a worm processor/bagger), and I'd made up nets for everyone using extendable tent poles as handles, so that if need be, I could extend the handle length anything from 7 feet up to about 12 feet long as required (just perfect for scooping up all those worms).Of course everyone who'd never been worming before started taking the p*ss outta my long handled poles, saying they aren't required, they're too long, etc, etc.OK, I said, so I pulled off half the handle and gave this person a net with a now shortened 5 or 6' handle, which he seemed quite happy with.As the worms came on, he was hanging further and further over the gunnel trying to scoop up all the worms at the extent of his reach, until the inevitable happened, and we were fishing HIM out of the water!T'was bl**dy freezing out there, and he did not look a happy puppy once we'd scooped him back into the boat.We got him out of his wet clothes, stuck him in the cabin with some hot tea, while we all continued worming, leaving him shivering away, with a few words to contemplate: "Still think my handles are too long?" ;D {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifA coupla other members were also nearby, who shouted out asking if he was ok, and offering to sell him a jumper and a shot of whiskey for $50! ;D {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifYeah, we can all laugh at his misfortune, coz luckily there was no harm done, apart from one fried mobile phone, but honestly, I did pity the poor bugger, coz that water is like ice in July. I recon he'll listen next time though! ;)Come to think of it, I recon I've still got a few of those worms in the freezer, coz we got a pretty good haul that night! ;D

Have to convince these KGW to start taking them now that Cockles Pipis Cockles are shotting up in price.As for digging them, I've seen people digging for worms, opposite the St Kilda Channel, on I think its Torrens island. I dont know how legal it is though. CheersPaul