Hey Pescados.I have been using a knot called the slim beauty which seems to run through the guides quite well I think the majority use a double uni to uni knot though.See if you can get your hands on geoff wilsons book of fishing knots and rigs it is brilliant.Cheers VB4me

pescados wrote:

Have not used braid before but thought I might give it a try.So what would be the best knot to tie braid to mono ??Thanks.

Hey mate,I have Geoff Wilson's book of knots with DVD, shoot me a PM and I will I will arrange to get it to you, the DVD is awesome, just use the pause and slow mo button you will be set.Dame
ninja wrote:

pescados wrote:

Have not used braid before but thought I might give it a try.So what would be the best knot to tie braid to mono ??Thanks.

Hey mate,I have Geoff Wilson's book of knots with DVD, shoot me a PM and I will I will arrange to get it to you, the DVD is awesome, just use the pause and slow mo button you will be set.Dame
Hi Dame, many thanks for the offer, have send you a pm.
  • 2 weeks later...

i only know 2 knots.... thats enough... i like to keep it simple, and be able to tie them at speed in the dark if need be. a double or locked bloodknot,which i use to tie swivel on, and whatever its called to tie the hooks to my trace.i like to keep it simple.

Dubs The Tackle Man wrote:

nev the good old locked blood knot isnt that flash on the braid tends to slip through, give it a burn at home and you'll see for yourself tie it to a swivel hook the swivel onto something a pull, she'll slip no doubt.The uni knot is pretty much all you need for braid quick and easy .

ahhhhhhhhh... were talking braid.... no problem then.... i cant use it on the rocks.... terrible stuff that just fails miserably on them sharp rocks.
Dubs The Tackle Man wrote:

all to true mate, no probson the mono side of things the ol and fathful always does the job and I reckon you snood or snell your hooks to your line yeah

yeah thats the knot i use for my hooks....i try not to read a lot into knots.... what i uses works, and is easy... enough said. :laugh: tying them at night, using a headlight, in howling wind, soon teachs the easy and fast way to do them.i can tie 2 hooks and a swivel in around 30 seconds, add bait and tie to main line in around a minute if the bait is already cut.good enough for me,