Came across this and thought it might be of help to others as well.Just wonder how the idea would work on smaller species ? having been biten by a tremble, one hook would be prefered, much safer also.http://www.nomadtackle.com/nsatackle_riggingvid_trebles_singles.htm

vb4me wrote:

I find trebles to be a pain in the bum. Have already converted all my metal lures bar to to single hooks. Will convert some of my blades as well soon.

What size hooks did you convert to vb ?Been thinking the same but not sure of hook up rate,would be a lot easier tho.

VB4ME is on the money with the back to back hooks on the raider...this is the set up that i run on my metals too.....for those who dont know when the fish grab the back to back hooks they spread and hook in either side of the jaw.......much better than the treble and the occy hooks are near impossible too shake. ;)

I thought of starting my own thread but its sort of relevant to throw it in here.I am very keen to convert all of my salmon lures to singles but I like the look of doubles. I was reading about doing this in a magazine not that long ago but i'm not sure what size hooks to put on. Could you list what size hooks you would use for each size lure? I understand there a a few listed here but this would make purchasing the hooks a lot simpler :S 10gm15gm25gm40gm60gm85gmcheers

statesquider wrote:

I thought of starting my own thread but its sort of relevant to throw it in here.I am very keen to convert all of my salmon lures to singles but I like the look of doubles. I was reading about doing this in a magazine not that long ago but i'm not sure what size hooks to put on. Could you list what size hooks you would use for each size lure? I understand there a a few listed here but this would make purchasing the hooks a lot simpler :S 10gm15gm25gm40gm60gm85gmcheers

I would try to go a similar size in singles or doubles to what your trebles are already on the lures or maybe a size up. The jigging assist hooks I have used are size 6/0 and that is on a 40g halco gold twisty the 65g raider has a pair of 5/0 gamakatsu occy circles. I probably wouldnt go any bigger than that even on your 85g lure. I am still thinking of changing my 45g raider to a rear single hook probably as a 1/0 to 3/0. I have a 20g raider which I replaced the treble on a while ago and the hooks on that look to be around a size 4? So for your smaller 15 and 10g lures I would look around the size 6-8 mark. I bought some size 10 gamaktsu hooks to try on my blades but they are ridiculously small so I will grab some 6s and 8s and see how they go. Its all a bit of trial and error though really and others will probably have a different opinion but I am just trialing different options at the moment just to see what works and what doesnt for me.Good luck with it mate :)