Hi guys,This is a request from a moderator on another sitewho lives in Perth WA.Any takers ??Hi Guys, I wonder if one or two of you in SA can help me. I will be in Adelaide on18th, 19th and 20th of September, and I would love a day's carp fishing. I will be stating in Hackham and I can have a carp rod and reel with me. However, I will not be able to manage landing net, rod rests or chair etc. I would be very grateful if one of you can help me out.chevinWhat I would really like is for someone to be able to spend a day fishing with me. I haven't a clue as to where I might go or where I am allowed to fish. I would just like to catch a few carp as a bit of a nostalgic thing, I used to do a lot of carp fishing when I lived in England and knowing that there are quite a few in the Adelaide area, I thought I would have a go for them during my time there which is in late September and over a weekend.

Hi Guys, Pescados has told me about your replies but I haven't seen any of the PMs. It is kind of you to respond so quickly and I really would like to meet up for a day's fishing and perhaps a beer or two (on me) at the end of it. Unfortunately I won't have any transport being as I am breaking an Indian Pacific journey to Sydney to have a few days in Adelaide.

chevin wrote:

Hi Guys, Pescados has told me about your replies but I haven't seen any of the PMs. It is kind of you to respond so quickly and I really would like to meet up for a day's fishing and perhaps a beer or two (on me) at the end of it. Unfortunately I won't have any transport being as I am breaking an Indian Pacific journey to Sydney to have a few days in Adelaide.

Hi chevin , have sent you a pm with responses from pin point and benny.Since you joined strike hook will ask the guys to contact you direct seeing the ice is broken :)

Pm waterboy, he is from down there and has the hot goss on the fish down that way. There are some freshwater lakes adjacent to river rd in Hackham that hold carp and redfin, google maps is your freind.Also 10mins away, closer to the city, Fountain Lake in happy valley, or the duck pond on sth rd in old reynella have heaps of carp, the fountain lake even has tench in it, youll love it :P

Guest pin point
ale wrote:

Pm waterboy, he is from down there and has the hot goss on the fish down that way. There are some freshwater lakes adjacent to river rd in Hackham that hold carp and redfin, google maps is your freind.Also 10mins away, closer to the city, Fountain Lake in happy valley, or the duck pond on sth rd in old reynella have heaps of carp, the fountain lake even has tench in it, youll love it :P

is that the evap ponds next to the onk?
chevin wrote:

Thanks a lot for your input, it sounds as though something is going to happen.

Several of us regularly fish the Torrens river in the city centre, ewhich is a great way to spend a relaxing aftrenoon, though the local birdlife can be ............. interesting at times :blink: Things certainly DO happen in on the Torrens Chevin ;)Somones gonna murderate me for showing this AGAIN :laugh::laugh::laugh:Posted Imageand Posted ImageThey are my personal bests, but I believe larger ones are definitely around the place :ohmy: :)
afishyfish wrote:

chevin wrote:

Several of us regularly fish the Torrens river in the city centre, ewhich is a great way to spend a relaxing aftrenoon, though the local birdlife can be ............. interesting at times :blink: Things certainly DO happen in on the Torrens Chevin ;)Somones gonna murderate me for showing this AGAIN :laugh::laugh::laugh:Posted Imageand Posted ImageThey are my personal bests, but I believe larger ones are definitely around the place :ohmy: :)
Just as well you're going to Cairns aff, might be your salvation :laugh::laugh:
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks again for all of your suggestions and help. I'm really looking forward to my September trip and I would love to catch a carp or two like those in your pictures. I used to do a lot of carp fishing when I lived in the UK and while I don't want to see them introduced here in WA, I would like to fish for them where they are established - as they are in SA. I can get two full days of fishing in while I am in Adelaide so hopefully that will be sufficient time for me to land a fish or two.

afishyfish wrote:

chevin wrote:

Here we go....WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!
1ONMEPILLIE wrote:

afishyfish wrote:

chevin wrote:

Here we go....WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!
We really aren't helping the matter are we... any chnace he gets !! ( and why not ! ) :laugh: