southslide wrote:

pin point wrote:

yeah, the employees dont know anything, i asked one of them where the trebles are and he asked what a treble is... they only care about money and not customer satisfaction at all, i defiantly wont be a repeat customer

the ONLY reason i go there is to buy swivels! they have 200lb 50pcs for 3bux! best iv found anyways,i also was talking to him he asked what i was fishing for i said "just gunna go flick soft plastics to get some bait then go shark and ray fishing, you get into the sp's?"he replies" yeah but never heard of people chasing sharks with them?"i just laughed and walked out.dhows how much they listen
WOW I definately wouldn't be using them for sharks....:blink:Unless you "didn't" want to land them that is.... ;) 50x200lb Swivels for $3... They gotta be good :silly:
Station49 wrote:

Nothing wrong with BCF as long as you know what ya after. They quite often have decent specials.It is a shame that a lot of the staff have very little idea, how about some of the blokes on here go for a job there rather than shit canning the place.ps; I'd work there in a flash if i could somehow do it as a second job, but cant see it working. Being surrounded by camping and fishing gear all day would be awesome.

I wouldnt, the amount of people that come through our shop complaining of bad service and the workers not knowing anything is outrangous.I wouldnt want my name to be brought whilst talking about bad service
Dubs The Tackle Man wrote:

I wouldnt, the amount of people that come through our shop complaining of bad service and the workers not knowing anything is outrangous.I wouldnt want my name to be brought whilst talking about bad service

My point is that if a few knowledgable young fishos were working there, then they wouldnt have the bad rep in the first place, and would actually be able to point everyone in the right direction.Anyway if i actually want to have a nice chat to the shop keep i know where i'll be going.
Station49 wrote:

Nothing wrong with BCF as long as you know what ya after. They quite often have decent specials.It is a shame that a lot of the staff have very little idea, how about some of the blokes on here go for a job there rather than shit canning the place.ps; I'd work there in a flash if i could somehow do it as a second job, but cant see it working. Being surrounded by camping and fishing gear all day would be awesome.

i have to agree to a point. I use the one in richmond a lot. its the only fishing shop near me. one of the workers Arthur is from PNG and fishes for game fish from hand carved canoes when he goes home. what that guy hasnt caught from a wooden canoe probably isint worth catching. Fair enough there are some guys in there that know very little or only a selective area. but that all comes in time. most of the staff are young kids barely 20yrs of age. i go in and i know what im after. so i have no worries. id also happily pick up some part time work there if i could. these new places get a bad reputation because they hire younger kids when they first open due to cheaper wages. they offer a different job than supermarket work or fast food. its a learning curve for the workers after that. how many of you guys fish every week? been fishing all your lives? fish in competitions? chances are.. the workers have been only fishing a few times and never fish comps etc. but as their interest grows while working there so will their knowledge. personally.. the worse service ive ever experience in a tackle shop was from one of this sites sponsors. but ive never bought that up nor bagged them out in here for it. and nor will i mention their name so dont bother asking.but thats all beside the point.. this thread is about the new TACKLEWORLD opening up.. not the users on here bagging out BCF

Don't know which BCF's you guys are going to, but if you head to the one at Noarlunga and speak to either Shane or Jarred(from the tackle department, as there are 2) you will more than likely be surprised at the level of customer service and fishing experience they have.If you head into these stores on the weekend or after work you will probably get their after school staff... which may be your problem.

ive only been to one bcf store... sure ,they didnt know a lot, but then again, i wasnt asking,,, when i go into a fishing shop, I KNOW what i want....i explained to the guy the kind of alvey i was after, and he showed me everything they had... which wasnt what i was after, so i looked at other things.jimmy put me onto a swag from annaconda, same deal... it was on special, and i enjoyed the 50buck saving., if its cheaper, i will buy it.the stores reminds me of supercheap auto actually... the staff have little idea of what they are selling,but same deal... its cheaper, and normally exactly the same as the dearer shops... i know what i want, so i get it and pay for it, pocketing the savings for something else i may need

coonta kinta wrote:
Del wrote:but thats all beside the point.. this thread is about the new TACKLEWORLD opening up.. not the users on here bagging out BCF
100,000 karma points for Del!amazing how there are 4 pages discussing the pros n cons of BCF and chains like it, in a thread about a new TACKLEWORLD store!Someone comes on and puts up an informative or entertaining report and it bearly gets a mention. :dry: No wonder the regular writers of such reports are rarely seen or heard from in these pages anymore! :(very true.... GOOD LUCK TO THE NEW BUISNESS VENTURE IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE A USER OF THIS FORUM.

I also like salted peanuts but the salt on your lips can make your beer go flat.I drink beer in tiny glasses (lots of them) when i'm eating salted peanuts and clean the glass regularly.I also like SALSA and corn chips which does not make my beer go flat.Do they sell salsa and salted peanuts at BCF?Will the new tackle shop sell beer and small glasses?Rollcast

spartan wrote:

Gee i opened up a can of worms lol anyway got everyone talking thats what its all about cheers

......always gotta be one that breaks the train of thoughts..... :P anyway,that's interesting about the salt making your beer go flat.....mine doesn't stay in the glass long enough,and I don't drink little ones.......nev,chocolate peanuts ya shiela? :ohmy:

I also like chocolate peanuts.When I eat chocolate peanuts I can enjoy my beer in much bigger glasses(which I drink quickly) as chocolate on my lips does not make my beer go flat.Can you buy chocolate coated peanuts at BCF?Will the new shop sell Large beer glasses?Rollcast