great white hunters

southslide wrote:

yea dubs you cant go over 2mm diameter or sumthing, whats the biggest hooks we can use?yea think your ont he ball statesquider , can spot 2 tld50's and the full gold one i'd say is a tiagra or a Penn International 80VSW or similar

From my understanding you can use what eva size hook you want as long as your wire doesnt exceed that 2mm but i could be wrong I have 2 fishiers officers tell me 2 different stories so who knows
Dubs The Tackle Man wrote:

southslide wrote:

yea dubs you cant go over 2mm diameter or sumthing, whats the biggest hooks we can use?yea think your ont he ball statesquider , can spot 2 tld50's and the full gold one i'd say is a tiagra or a Penn International 80VSW or similar

From my understanding you can use what eva size hook you want as long as your wire doesnt exceed that 2mm but i could be wrong I have 2 fishiers officers tell me 2 different stories so who knows
Why the restrictions on wire width ?

oops didnt read that propely ....i believe the wire restrictions came in the same time the great whites were becoming protected in Australian waters.so by reducing the thickness of the wire, you can still fish for other sharks.They believe a white would bight through the less than 2mm wire.not sure but thats wot i think! :P

chuckemback wrote:

.i believe the wire restrictions came in the same time the great whites were becoming protected in Australian waters.so by reducing the thickness of the wire, you can still fish for other sharks.They believe a white would bight through the less than 2mm wire.not sure but thats wot i think! :P

Makes sense :)B)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...