Had a fish with a mate today down at granite island wit nil success but I was quite frustrated by the amount of line i found on the jetty. There must have been 30m of at least 15lb line just lying in two pieces on the jetty. It sh#ts me when people are that inconsiderate to leave their trash lying about but there is a colony of penguins on the island that could have come to harm had the line completely fallen through the jetty or blown off the edge.We also fished waits at the end of the day and i was quite disappointed to see when we left that the blokes that had been fishing next to us had left a broken glowstick (seriously there are bins the second you walk into the carpark) and their leftover pilchards as well as several undersized ST's that they obviously didn't want to take with them.It's just disappointing that so many don't think of others or the environment when they fish.

driving home from work on friday from the port.car load of p plate punks decided too unload there hungry jacks rubbish out the window.then there half full cups of coke.which got caught in there tail wind and sprayed coke all over me bonnet and windscreen.tried too catch up with them but the old 80 series just aint fast enough.cost $5 at the car wash to get coke off. no respect for this wonderful country we live in.or for other peoples property.

Guest SnappaHunta

My tempers not too bad nowadays, but like many of you, I've seen some very average behaviour out there. I mainly fish metro waters either boat or land based. The amount of people with boats that either don't know or just ignore simple boating rules is unbelievable, like travelling on the correct side of st Kilda channel or doing 40 knots up it. But that's a different story.We are blessed to have a decent fishery here on our doorstep in Adelaide. I have never been fishing in the port river without seeing one of the resident dolphins, and it is rare to travel past the outer harbour breakwaters without spotting a sea lion. The amount of bird life is also remarkable, even though i have been growled at by the odd hungry pelican lol.People taking under sized fish, stomping toadfish/trumpeters, leaving fishing line etc behind, is infuriating. I used to arc up at these idiots I came accross, but nowadays I think better of it and call fisheries, they are a great bunch of guys (and girls) and I've been witness to them pinching anglers who have fished through the snapper ban, and a round of applause went up on the st kilda breakwater when a couple of fellas were pinched with 50 STs each.

My worst litter experience was a few years ago when I "Volunteered" to clean up the river bank at Morgan Conservation Park after a long weekend. A "Family" had been camping on the bank, about two hundred metres into the park, and, judging by the rubbish, they had at least three kids in nappies. These used, diposable, nappies were left in a heap along with that days rubbish and the families had moved twenty or thirty metres along the bank each day until they had four such heaps of garbage. There were two 44gal drums marked rubbish nearby that were unused and a rubbish skip either end of the park that was emptied daily. These ferals should be exterminated along with rats, mice and other vermin!RogerG

i fished lockswell on sat morn,sat night,sun morn just gone and was just as discusted with what i found i get that the stairwy back up is massive but bugger me why should i have to carry your shit up as well as my own.empty ice bags,pilchard bags,chip packets,beer cans,and plastic shopping bags.absolutly discusting and we only have fishos to blame because no one else makes the climb down.every night when we left the beach was cleaner than when we arrived.p.s report is in the writing ;)

It's just disappointing :( the worst i've seen is on browns beach after one night in summer when it was packed. Amongst everything else there must have been 3 cartons of bottles and cans that weren't there when i'd initially walked down at the start of the afternoon and walked back to the carpark at the end of the night.They carried them all down and they were full so being empty they were a tonne lighter so why not take them up? I understand the walk is horrible but its YOUR mess

fished a few times with softy, del and jimmy... and kudos to them, they cleaned up after themselves...softy and del enjoy a beer of 3 slabs... take your pic, and what they carried onto the rocks came back up and went in the bin.they left the campsite cleaner than they found it.

rocknev wrote:

fished a few times with softy, del and jimmy... and kudos to them, they cleaned up after themselves...softy and del enjoy a beer of 3 slabs... take your pic, and what they carried onto the rocks came back up and went in the bin.they left the campsite cleaner than they found it.

but being the rocks i fish, they did leave behind around 300 sinkers :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Guest shagging

Walking out to the st kilda break water on a monday is average people have left all there rubbish from the weekend! and most of it ends up in the ocean anyway on a decent size tide not good! a nice location though! :)

i used to live at lock on the eyre peninsula.so i used to fish locks well often.even before the stairs were built.i remember when the farmer locked the gate to the road that goes there because people would not clean up after themselves.that was about 18 years ago. dont know if farmer still owns the land.if he does maybe he should lock it again.but then locals will suffer who are not the ones who mess it up.

Barnett wrote:

i used to live at lock on the eyre peninsula.so i used to fish locks well often.even before the stairs were built.i remember when the farmer locked the gate to the road that goes there because people would not clean up after themselves.that was about 18 years ago. dont know if farmer still owns the land.if he does maybe he should lock it again.but then locals will suffer who are not the ones who mess it up.

same happened at a place i used to fish..called redbanks... so named because the earth was red clay...to get there, you would open the farers gate, and close it after you entered.last time i went there was last yr, and the gate is now locked.
rocknev wrote:

rocknev wrote:

but being the rocks i fish, they did leave behind around 300 sinkers :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
even if we have to carry garbage bags into the city.. we will take everything we made. now we know where the big industrial bins are as wel.. will make the trips easier. i make a point of going over our camp ground at least 3 times before i allow people to leave. as if we dont look after it once.. we wont be welcome back!as for the sinkers.. take it as a donation to the fishing gods.. to help you catch your next red ;)

i agree with all mentioned before especially regarding the fact that the rubbish is much lighter than when brought to the spot and that our environment is way to awesome to ruin.if i may put in my two cents it is the supposedly insignificant cigarette butt that really gets on my goat and being a smoker i am qualified to bitch about it.i have seen boaties just throw them over the side, mainly in the port where i am landbased, seen them tossed off the jetty, into the onk or just discarded on the ground. i have even been known to throw ciggy butts back into cars at traffic lights, much to the surprise of the culprit!take a tin or film canister or even as i do when i forget one, put it in ya pocket. us smokers stink anyway and the worst a ciggy butt in ya pocket can do is piss the missus off when they end up in the washing machine.they may only be small but i believe they do massive harm to the environment, two reasons to not just toss them.my 2 centskeen

Johnny Rotten wrote:

Same-old,same-old......the minority buggering it up for the majority.....

Always will be that way...There always will be low life's who spoil and dont give a shit about our fishing grounds and environment.. Feel sorry for the next few generations...Alot of them are already No Hopers with care factor attitudes..