Countdown to Cairns

Well ladies and gents, its about 60 Hrs until we head out from Adelaide, heading for some winter sun, a good rest and hopefully some great fishing action too :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: The only issue we have is the 4a.m alarm to get us outta bed in time for us to get to our check in at 5.15 and and departure at 6.15 :huh::blink::blink::blink: :S :S :S :blink::huh: :ohmy: :blush: :side: :S I might not be on the boards for a while ( Mods can breathe easy for a while :silly: ) so have a great time yourselves, looking forward to all the stories, jokes etc when I return ;):) Cheers

Thanks guys :cheer: Really looking forward to this one, been more than 20 yrs since Ive been to Qld, and never gone this far up :woohoo: Hey VB, if you want to ring anyone, ring my dad. At 81 years old I hope he doesnt forget to set the alarm so he can take us down to the airport in time :huh: :dry: :unsure: We havent had a decent holiday together for years, and the strain of that and other issues is really starting to tell on us!I'll be leaving with mixed emotions though, as my mothers just been diagnosed with a non-operable terminal cancer, and there's always the chance ( slim thank goodness) that she just might pass away while we're away :S :(OLD SALTY wrote:

Have a good one AFF make sure u take plenty of pics and hook into some of those tropical water fish!

Thanks OS, I'll keep an eye over my shoulder if I fish any creeks after what you told me :ohmy: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

AAhh, nothing like a flight with the hags AFF. :P Personally prefer hag free flying with Virgin but can't always get the flight or time that suits to the location requested.Did a Tiger flight to trade show last year, :dry: took it over Virgin only coz I didn't want a red eye, too hard with the kids, service was good, but, :unsure: at the other end it took an hour & twenty minutes to get all the bags out, :angry: sad part for me, I only had carry on but had to wait for a colleagues bags.Anyhow, all the best, be sure to visit Tom's Tackleworld store up there, it will blow your mind as to how cheap & easy y'all have it down here. $20 bucks for a Bream lure :huh: try $160 for a Marlin pusher unrigged try 3 or 4.Finatic

• 2 weeks later...

well cairns is all over for me, back to work.met up with afishyfish while up in cairns. we went out on a charter together, i will say that they dont compare with the charters we have in Adelaide.8 people on a boat, 1 keeper.we spent 2 hours collecting live bait, 2 hours in one spot with not much action, we then moved to another spot, 1 fish. we then caught somemore live bait.good to meet up with afishyfish, its a small world.All the charters i have been on, if you dont get a bite within ten minutes they move.