What kind of Tackle Box/Bag do you have?

Hey mate I tend to think that the tackle bags with trays are the way to go. Once you work out a system you can either take all your gear or just the gear for what you might specifically be targetting. I have a plano guide series bag cant remember model number but it came with 4 3750 boxes. It is excellent, keeps me well organised on the boat. I also use a small plano bag I got years ago which I tend to take with me when rock fishing. It did come with 4 or 5 trays but I have bought other stuff to suit. Also a 3 tray box which holds all the non essentials and replacement stock of hooks and swivels and various leaders.There are some great bags around and back packs are available but if you cant get one for the budget you have or whatever then you could always buy a normal backpack and some tackle trays to suit.

Guest shagging

We all seem to have the same issue! lol i have a system as i bought a massive storage container, i fill that up with the spools ,crimpers tourch, spare reels, greases ect it goes on and on! then i fill up the tackle box with the essentials and stock it up as needed from the storage box, as for rigs i bought a rig bag with around 20 plastic sleeves i make my rigs up and mark them according to species and use just this for boating! tackle box for jetty! this system of mine works well and you no were everything is that way! :):)

I can never get my gear well organised :S I currently have my fishing gear spread between the dining room, my office one bedromm and my carport, apart from whats in the boat.Its not always that badly organised, and Im working on getting it better.Maybe I should spend a bit less time fishing and more getting organised :unsure: :dry:

I have two huge tackle boxes, two medium ones, two small ones on top of a mass of small, medium and large plano boxes. My stuff is all over the place, I have set trays of freshwater lures, squid jags, salmon slugs, swivels, jigheads, sinkers etc... I also make up all of my rigs and put them in ziplock bags which i store in another box.I just put what i need i smaller plano tackle trays and chuck it all together when i head out. Kinda works for me as i only bring what i need when i head out so weight is kept minimal and i never lug my big tackle boxes around. It all goes in a backpack so my hands are always kept freeOne of life's greatest mysteries is how a man can practically store his fishing tackle...

afishyfish wrote:

I can never get my gear well organised :S I currently have my fishing gear spread between the dining room, my office one bedromm and my carport, apart from whats in the boat.Its not always that badly organised, and Im working on getting it better.Maybe I should spend a bit less time fishing and more getting organised :unsure: :dry:

I had exactly the same problem mate- and it takes longer to get ready for a trip with everything everywhere- so we got 3 big cupboards from Ikea, put them together, made a few modifications and now its all sorted (20% staff discount on top of a sale was great aswell ;) :woohoo: )

ive got a ( think ) shakespere bag.it has a pull out waterproof lining, which can come in handy for putting fish in , but i dont use it for that.my rigs are in money bags, from the bank.when tied they are placed in a bumbag in the fishing bag.i dont carry a lot, 3 or 4 bags of swivels and hooks, some chem lights for night fishing, pliers, bog roll ( of course) and a few other odds and sods.i used to carry everything i may need, but found i never used it, so why was i lugging it around?out it came, and ive been stuck a couple of times missing something, but thats fishing.

disturbed1 wrote:

I had exactly the same problem mate- and it takes longer to get ready for a trip with everything everywhere- so we got 3 big cupboards from Ikea, put them together, made a few modifications and now its all sorted (20% staff discount on top of a sale was great aswell ;) :woohoo: )

At least Im not the only 1 :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh:Yeah hoping to get some cupboards made up to go in the carport at some stage, but theyd need to be pretty secure, and dont have the dollars yet :( HINTany visitors to my place, check ya seat 4 hooks b4 you sit anywhere :woohoo: :blink::laugh:

my 2 bobs worthall my tackle is in boxes and containers and everthing fits into a 110 lt hiking back pack so if i go on a long trip i can take everything to cover all bases.When flicking locally all I take is a Cheap as chips bum bag that fits all my sp's hb's leaders, spools, jig heads etc and hook my net to the back of belt ( even a holder for my stubbie )simply fits over waders. Boat is easy, take out boxes to target what ever fish targetting and put in small shimano box bag.I also have a back pack with a fold out seat and lined which is great when taking my Daughter land based as can take food drink beer tackle etc and she has something to sit on and play her DS when boored. Ha . Have found over the years that less gear is better. Blighty

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SnappaHunta
andrewshattell wrote:

Well i went down to St. kilda today and once i was done catching ST's i went to tackle and tucker and guess what. They had a berkly bag (big lined main pocket, one small side pocket that has a organiser in it) and it was on special for 20 Bucks. Its great and so good to use. Cheers for you advice.

How's St Kilda firing mate? I reckon I'll pay a visit myself on Saturday sunrise.As for tackle I've got a cupboard and drws in the shed with rod holders I put on to side of cupboard and the shed ceiling. I have a Rapala shoulder bag with the insulated main compartment, it's a bloody beautiful bag fits 4 or. 5 of them big containers, Pocketsand compartments all over the thing. For land based ( or if I'm in someone elses boat) I select what I need and stick it in a back pack. P.s I must remember to 1. try those ziplock bags for rigs. 2. Check out them $20 berkley bags at st kilda on saturday :)

Just a quick tip for using ziplock bags...My mate uses money bags whick are ok but i prefer to buy a box of glad ziplock lunch bags. It allows you to loop the trace slightly larger so there are less tangles and bends. Also there is a white strip that runs across the front which i write what i've put in there eg."10lb double paternoster rig with size 6 hooks, 40cm"This makes it easy to select the trace you want as i make up a tonne of different trace strengths all with different hook sizes. I just leave a loop at the bottom of the trace so i can match a sinker to the conditions. Although with running sinker rigs i make up a whole bunch of them with assorted weights so they are always ready to go. The other thing i do is write the length of the trace on there as i vary it depending on what i'm fishing for and where i'm fishing.Saves wasting time on the jetty/rocks/in the boat tying rigs when the fish are on the bite.

I scored a large plano box at a garage sale for $10 and albeit battered and scarred i can put anything and everything into it-even a spare alvey and spinner spools. I keep it in the van when i go fishing as i have an old rucksack with a few cheapie plastic containers which i fill with gear i reckon i'll need - depending on where im fishing. better climbing those bloody long stairs on the foot beaches or over thumper dunes with the pack rather than the tackle box