Shrimp good for ?

Can any members tell me what live shrimp are good for as bait.I can catch heaps at the local river,I was thinking of putting them in an aquarium and getting them bigger and then using them for bait.I caught a couple and i put them in my other aquarium with the fish and now they are really bigger,They have grown heaps.When i put them in the aquarium they were about 2-3mm and now they are about 10-12mm.Thanks for the help Marc. :)

Top bait for any freshwater species. If you use as bait try fastening live shrimp to hook with a small elastic band, let the tail flap freely, following the curve of the hookThis will allow the shrimp to happily flap around all day instead of dying within minutes from being pierced by the hook. Fish always prefer their shrimp alive and swimming rather than dead. I also use this method with yabbiesOr let them grow to 35-45mm and they make good shrimp cocktails.I used to catch them by the bucket full on my old Murraylands propertyand cook them up like small prawns. They are easier to peel than prwans, just roll between your fingers and the meat just pops out!RogerG