Nippers for Whiting

Hi Guys,Quick question, do you think you get more success with nippers or cockles, or is it just area dependant. I was told by a fellow fisherman that swears by nippers, whiting wont look at cockles. i pumped some, tried against cockle, cockle won hands down. Now i wouldhave thought the opposite, seeing the nippers were pumped in approx the same area. Your thoughtsCheersAposs

G"day APOSS, I have found KG Whiting go mad for nippers,that goes against what you have found, I have only used them once at a landbased spot, and didnt have cockles, just a heap of tubies and a few nippers that I dug up at the same time.And every nipper meant a fish, they were touchy on the worms but hit the nipps hard.I guess thats fishing though, what works one day in one place may not work elsewhere or at a different time.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

fresh baits will always work better in my experience, nippers and seaweed worms work good for yellow fin whiting, ive used nippers out on the boat for kgw with a bit of sucess, squid and razor fish hearts are good for kgw along with mud cockles if you can find them, goolwa cockles are also good if in good nick.... but thay're getting harder to obtain.