Rock fishing footwear

Shoes are always a pain in the bum for me to locate as I'm a size 15 :( I know what you're all thinking :blink: ... A guy with big shoes must have... big socks! Haha :woohoo: I really need some footwear that i can get wet that i can wear whilst fishing on the rocks as they will be worn on the beach too. I'm looking for anything as long as it will grip and save me from breaking my neck :S I honestly don't care if they're bloody hot pink I just want shoes and i've looked everywhere and can't find anything :( I usually wear thongs but they get destroyed on the rocks and last time i wore them i had to walk about 1km across brutal rocks to get back to the car as i had a blowout mid fish :( also cut your feet tooAny help would be VERY much appreciatedCheers

Guest SnappaHunta

I wear my crocs for almost all fishing. In winter though, I do have an old pair of Nikes I chuck on for under a bridge in the port.I love the old thongs too mate, but they do blow out now and then hahaha. They are bloody dangerous on boat ramps in my opinion. I am lucky enough to be a universal size 11, and got cheap crocs, but the actual CROC brand should be able to do size 50 er I mean 15 :) for you. I was a slow convert cause they re ugly lookin things, but they do GRIP, stop you bashing your toes and can get wet and still GRIP, highly recommend a pair and you can't beat em in summer.P.s. My mate has big hoofs too and I'll get the nAme of the shoe place he's always rattlin on about for you

I reckon i'll give the crocs a sniff first. Had a quick look on their site but they didn't have them on there but i found them somewhere else.I wasn't too sure on their rock holding ability but if you think they are the goods I might have to invest in a couple of pairs. I'm not too fussed on what they look like, as long as they do their job i'll be over the moon. Just not a fan of wearing wet sneakers day after day.

Guest SnappaHunta
statesquider wrote:

Shoes are always a pain in the bum for me to locate as I'm a size 15 :( I know what you're all thinking :blink: ... A guy with big shoes must have... big socks! Haha :woohoo: I really need some footwear that i can get wet that i can wear whilst fishing on the rocks as they will be worn on the beach too. I'm looking for anything as long as it will grip and save me from breaking my neck :S I honestly don't care if they're bloody hot pink I just want shoes and i've looked everywhere and can't find anything :( I usually wear thongs but they get destroyed on the rocks and last time i wore them i had to walk about 1km across brutal rocks to get back to the car as i had a blowout mid fish :( also cut your feet tooAny help would be VERY much appreciatedCheers

my mate reckon this site www.eastbay.com is the go for big foots :):)yeah, I reckon they re okay for the rocks :)you could always talk to the tackle stores about thigh waders or those felt soled shoes/ boots that the trout fishing mob use too avoid slipping on the wet weed.Or failing that get a crash helmet hahaha :):lol:
davidm#2 wrote:

always use a pair of steel caps.good leather so they stay dryand it helps if u happen to stub your toe aswelland ive never lost my footing eithercheers

thats a good idea... my wadrs are fitted with chemboots, rather than the normal boots, more hard wearing for the rocks im on, and i could have ordered steel caps on the waders... something i wish i did, as with cold winter feet, it sure does smart when you kick a rock.

I now there not normally a fishing shoe but i use the good old dunlop volley. They have excellent grip and there thin so if they get wet they dry quickly. A common shoe they are cheap and should come in alot of sizes but 15 im not sure thats a bloody big foot.Cheers Bocky

Haha Piranha I laughed quite hard when i read your comment. It's been a while since i watched delirious. HALF!I'm getting waders for next winter later in the year but the shoes are mainly for summer and i don't want to cook :) Will hopefully locate a big pair of steel cap gum boots and get them custom made. I thought of steel caps but i'm looking at something that can breathe a bit better as i'd rather not wear any shoes at all but my feet aren't quite as tough as they used to be when i was a kid (or i'm geting softer...)I'd love wetty boots but i've looked all over and they don't make them big enough sadly. I'll keep looking for them as they really are what i want more than anything.If all else fails crocs will be the go but i reckon i'll expand the hunt for wetty boots....

Having worn crocs just about everywhere from rocks to river banks I simply don't wear them anymore. Too dangerous when your feet are wet in them not so much the sole. When the sole does wear out they are even worse and not only that you can feel the sahrp rocks through them.There is quite a few companies around adelaide that make wetsuits and booties, worth a call !! The ones in Tackleworld salisbury are specific rock hopping shoes with incredible grip/spikes almost. Worth calling kym and asking him to call the supplier on sizes. He had a fair range in store to.What the F... is gooni goo goo :silly: :silly: :laugh: Ahhh love it !! ICECREeeeeaaammmmmm..............

I have a large hoof as well and I'll echo what a few other people have said:I used to use Dunlop Volleys or the mighty KT-26's as a younger bloke.Now it's either steel cap Blundstones, Horne waders, or neoprene wetsuit boots. I own a couple of pairs of crocs but haven't used them for rock hopping, I don't reckon they'd be bad though.Good luck. No skun knees!

Mango wrote:

rocknev wrote:

what about a pair of waders?nice and worm, and keep ya tootsies dry...ive got hornes, and they will custom make to your size... im sure others would as well.

as if rock fishing isn't dangerous enough....waders!! lol
depends what rocks you fish... i wear mine all the time....wouldnt wear them on a beach though....