Being shore based and only needing small amounts of berley for the berley spring, mine is based on bread.Problem is that sometimes it goes mouldy.Now I cut it into small squares, get 2 sheets of newspaper and put bread on one side, fold over the other side, seal off and after 2-3 days have crunchy little bits and no more mould.It appears that the newspaper soaks up any moisture inside it, leaving the bread dry. {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

Never heard of that trick before, it does sound logical tho.All the bread you get now is full of preservatives to keep it soft for days on end, I will give it a try as well, although I have often had thoughts of buying croutons and crunching them up, not sure if fish like toast![/color:1uhhtezh] {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

Talking bread burleys,there is a basic technique used by coarse anglers that can be used to great effect on a range of species and its probably the cheapest simplest and effective method and may be of interest.Its called "Liquidised Bread".Just get a loaf of bread, whack a few slices at a time in the missuses food proccessor/blendor and blend it for a blast till it is very finely chopped up into a fluffy consistency.A full loaf will give you a good half a bucket if not more.You can then squeeze this into your burley spring/float or just squeeze a golf ball size ball into your hand and throw it in.Once in the water it will disperse into a cloud, the lighter you squeeze it will break up near the surface, squeeze it tighter and it will sink deeper before dispersing.You can add a couple of drops of tuna oil[take it easy, too much can alter the consistency of the mix] or add some mashed pillies or whatever.An easy and very effective burley in saltwater as well as fresh.Great for Tommies and gar, and being so fine they dont fill up on it quickly.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif