Streaky Bay in OCT ?

Gday guys im of to streaky on the oct for 5 days. I will have acess to a small boat but ill be mainly land based. Ive never been to the EP before but have read alot about the place. Am wondering what i should be trying to target? will there still be good salmon on back beach?? also if anyone can fill me in on the info i have that snapper move thru this area at that time of year as id love to spend a nite on the stones. Im REALLY looking forward to it as it'll be my first fishing trip solo (without wife and 2yr old) but ill be with 4 bloody good mates. Any help appreciatedCheers OS B)

I have been going to Streaky Bay fishing for over 30 years but usually in feb/march/april. It's a great little spot. October MAY be a little early for the snapper but i know they are caught there in nov/dec and off the jetty as well. Salmon are available from back beach and also at a beach called Halleys just a bit further up. If you have access to a small boat ask for directions to a spot called "the bushes" which is a good whiting spot and also around "little islands". Razorfish can be pulled [25 perday bag limit] and the broken shells and entrails make great burley. If the trumpeters are in by then make sure not to burley too heavily. If you are mostly land based try spots like tractor beach and smooth pool[just before high tide], for salmon trevally and whiting. All the best. I'll be over there in march as usual.

agree with dave OS ;)B) The local jetty o/side the Pub holds some nive fish towards the end of the year! Try outsiode the ramp at the Northern end of the township too. Some gutters there with snapper in them there also ;) The caravan parks not a bad one either.Dont forget all the local areas like Elliston, Sheringa, Mt Camel Beach etc.PM me for details on a REALLY nice spot nearby :)

OLD SALTY wrote:

ahhh moggy i would LOVE to but im really only gonna be there for 3 and a half days so it s a long haul for the BC although id love it!!!

You,ll be back with the BarCrusher, the area is additive. :woohoo: Highcliff is another landbase rock fishing area.Theres Bluewater Charters, Matts a nice guy B)