Venus Bay in October

Thanks, guys - appreciate your feedback.Also, found this site last night:http://www.wildwestfishingcharters.com/index.phpAnybody know anything about this operation, one way or the other?SF, I might get back to you closer to departure time and take up your offer - I've been over that way before, but not fished it.Cheersarcherfish

thinking about a few days holidaying there myself and wondered what you can catch off the jetty, reading up on the net there is no mention of Squid, do you catch then there?i went there back in the 90's on a club trip but can't remember what we caught on the jetty, i do remember one of the members just wading out from the beach in front of the caravan park and landing a dozen Whiting :blink: had everyone giving it a go the next evening but the school didn't show againcheers chuck

statesquider wrote:

Last time i had a trip there i managed about 27ish squid off the jetty. They are definitely about.Off the jetty at venus i've caught: flathead, kg whiting, salmon, squid, tommies, gar, trevally and snook. Great spot to fish landbased! You'll always come home at the end of the day with a feed :)

so with the boat we should be able to get a good feed of mixed species B) thanks for the helpcheers chuck

I saw in the "Sunday Mail" fishing section today that the jetty is currently closed for repairs :((as is Moonta). I rang the guy at the Venus Bay Caravan Park who informed me that the repair work is going ahead full-steam and is well over half-way completed (couldn't give me a completion date, though).He also said they're getting a few Sweep off the headlands and there are some good Whiting to be had from Port Kenny jetty.Will keep you all posted...Cheers

Good choice mate .There are a few options like KG whiting in the bay and off the jetty, salmon trout and the occassional bigger salmon , snook squid and big tommies all off the jetty. You can adventure out to Mount Cammel Beach about 40 minutes drive fromm Venus Bay and case the big salmon on the surf beach. You will need a large beach rod 10 to 12 foot and a good strong reel. You can also higher a tinny form the caravan park to fish the reef for whiting and what eva comes along. Its quite safe in the bay just dont try and go out through the head lol . Good luck :boot: or:fishing: