Hi Guys,Being a yabbie catcher from way back this is be the best news we have had in yearsSo Im getting the nets ready the tinny organised ready to go they recon the water should be down the riverland in 6 to 8 weeks so the only thing will stuff it up if it goes through too quickly and the water isnt warm enough.Cheers,Mick Z

im in mildura, you guys will be gettin it dont worry about that! we got plenty of water up here in the river, theres no sandbars left up here, all under water, and yes, theres more alot more coming!!went for a look at the weir n lock last night, white foam everywhere, shes flowin hard, havent seen it like that for years!!!said in the local rag the other day the waterways are gunna pull some boards out of the weirs to manage. should be good!!!and to any keen yabbiers out there, the anabranch is gettin filled up very shortly, it used to be the utopia of yabby spots, but its been practicly dry since about 02.all we will have to do is keep the poachin b@st@rds out!!

My family have had a shack in the coorong on ewe island ( in between the mouth and tewitcherie) for 20 years and all I know is any water that comes through is great! We haven't had the barrages open for well over five years, and this is the most promising sign for the coorong in that time! I am jumping up and down with excitment at the moment :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: But I'm not saying they will release the amount of water needed to completely flush it out either