Soft Plastic snapper spin combo

Hey all I am looking to get a new spin combo specifically for fishing plastics and maybe hard body lures for snapper and mullowaywas thinking of something in the 4-6 kilo range for the rod matched with a 3000 or 4000 reellooked at the Penn Pin Point and ATC as well as the shimano Jewelwas thinking perhaps the Penn Affinity for the reel but have read good things about the diawa Sol i think its calledIf anyone could share wat they use or would recomend?would like to keep it under 300 with braidThanks

mate i have a team daiwa redback med/heavy rod matched with a 3000 redback reel. 7ft so good for casting plastics really light but so friggin strong, im running 15lb braid on it and i reckon i could catch anyting on it. i think the combo cost around 400. very good value when you compare to a sol rod it is 400 by itself.

• 4 weeks later...

ok still looking for a snapper combo but think im more confused than everwent to three shops all with three different answerssuggested a wilson medium snapper lure rod with a diawa reel forget name it started with a teror a gladiator SSS rodthen had similar reel with diawa saltwater or advantage rodand finally shimano mexican raider with shimano reelheard a few bad comments about shimano ppl saying the diawa gear is much better quality at the momentso any advice

mate go for what feels good in ur hand, the old adage of u get what u pay for is a pretty good line to run ( in most cases :dry: ) With the dollar so good against the US maybe have a look at EBAY if money is the issue but be carefull there. At the end of the day its ur choice, just outta curiosity whats ur budget?cheers OS

check this out...Very hard to go past this at $499... http://www.rayannes.com.au/daiwa-shimano-reels-australia/rods-reels/daiwa/daiwa-combos/daiwa-luvias-spin-combos-rod-reel-only-499/or this at http://www.rayannes.com.au/daiwa-shimano-reels-australia/rods-reels/daiwa/daiwa-combos/team-daiwa-zero-661mfs-freams-kix-reels-249/The 661MFS and the 2500 size reel is a killer snapper combo, I'm told they've sold heaps...If your into Shimano (which is still very good gear) http://www.rayannes.com.au/daiwa-shimano-reels-australia/rods-reels/shimano/shimano-combos/shimano-stradic-reels-raider-rods-combo-deals-from-only-279/Stradic ST4000FI Snapper Combo $329Hard to shop OS when prices in Pennington, SA are this good...

Been using a Sol 3000 spooled with 20lb Rovex matched to a 10-17lb Med/Heavy Sol rod for the larger snapper plastics so far. Roughly around the $500 depending on where you purchase from. Reel should not be anymore than $300. Using that & my Saltiga 3500 Game outfit for the sp's & jigs on the reds this season if the pro's leave us some that is.shauno - Them Zero rods are killer & at a brilliant price, the oldman got one not long ago for his Bradia 2500R & the outfit feels amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Shauno, THAT LUVIAS COMBO from Ray and Anne's it bonkers value:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: .If thats not the sweetest outfit for under $500 bucks then I dont know what is.Wish I was in the money as I know I would be adding that combo to my rod rack.I fish a Berkley Diablo 6-10kg with a Symetre 3000 and that feels super nice;) ;) . Or if Im on deeper drops where the 20lb fish are sitting I can put my 4000 Hyper on it. Both reels match nicely to this rod although the 3000 feels slightly better size wise.I know that 6-10Kilo sounds like its set for fish kill but its actually probably closer to the 6kilo rating and is absolutely fantastic to use. I literally cant wait for the next opportunity to use it. It seriously is probably the best rod Ive ever owned. A joy to fish with and would recommend one to anyone who wants to seriously target big reds on 5" or 7" placcies