SA RECREATIONAL FISHING LICENCE A REALITY!!!!!!!

With genuine respect Tony, it was your words which created a little warmth in the discussion.1. "I am personally involved with this change.....". The legitimate question simply being asked, was, how or by whom authorised you to speak on a topic that was going to have an impact on the wider fisher community?Your post gave the distinct impression your discussions were of a formal nature with a specific outcome in mind.2."You can choose to be a 'knocker'......and try to embrace these changes which will empower recreational fishers......." What are or perhaps were, these changes - who else had input into 'these changes'. May I suggest if 'thse changes' were placed in the public arena, it may focus further discussion which is both welcome and necessary.No matter how well intentioned your personal/individual involvement may have been the recreational fisher community must have the right to nominate those persons to represent their views if and when the subject of a RFL is (again)considered at official level.I have no problem with the principle of a RFL. it's simply the devil in the detail which has been articulated many times within this thread.May the discussions continue.Brian.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With genuine respect Tony, it was your words which created a little warmth in the discussion.1. "I am personally involved with this change.....". The legitimate question simply being asked, was, how o

Could we step back a little here folks as I believe we have two issues to clarify.1. The merits or otherwise of a RFL.2. In the event of a RFL being discussed at a bureaucracy level, who are the peopl

I'm a knocker!I hear everyone saying:I'm all for it IF......I think it's great AS LONG AS..........The if's, the buts, and the as long as, all relate to the use of the funds, and I don't think we get

Posted Images

With genuine respect Tony' date=' it was your words which created a little warmth in the discussion.1. "I am personally involved with this change.....". The legitimate question simply being asked, was, how or by whom authorised you to speak on a topic that was going to have an impact on the wider fisher community?Your post gave the distinct impression your discussions were of a formal nature with a specific outcome in mind.2."[b']You can choose to be a 'knocker'......and try to embrace these changes [/b]which will empower recreational fishers......." What are or perhaps were, these changes - who else had input into 'these changes'. May I suggest if 'thse changes' were placed in the public arena, it may focus further discussion which is both welcome and necessary.No matter how well intentioned your personal/individual involvement may have been the recreational fisher community must have the right to nominate those persons to represent their views if and when the subject of a RFL is (again)considered at official level.I have no problem with the principle of a RFL. it's simply the devil in the detail which has been articulated many times within this thread.May the discussions continue.Brian.

Thank you for being a leveller of this issue Brian.Because I started this thread and make no mistake, it has developed a rare amount of passion and discussion, I now find that I am defending my right to have an opinion on this free and open Forum, which of course is NOT what we are about on Strikehook!In the beginning, I was given a complete copy of the now infamous, leaked budget documents by a contact whom I am unable to disclose for obvious reasons.I asked my contact if this was a ticking time bomb and should I be sitting on it?His reply, no, it's OK it's out there now! He also added and he has been proven to be correct, that it would be a very emotive issue!My immediate desire was to put the most glaring issue on to our forum (RFL), all the time believing that it was going to be a "given" when the budget was to be announced!The rest is history as the Government decided NOT to take up the option of a RFL at this time! Although, I have heard through my connections that this will become a reality, sooner rather than later! Brace your selves and has been said already, the Government will have to sit up at the amount of passion displayed about this issue!To clarify my comments about my personal involvement, it is reasonably well known that I am the President of the largest Freshwater Angling Club in South Australia!Through my direct efforts and with support from SAFFA, the largest and oldest Fly Fishing Club in SA, SAFWAA has joined the SARFAC organisation as a fully paid up, voting member!My recent attendance of the SARFAC/PIRSA Workshop along with many respected members of our State fishing Community designed to reconcile the differences between SARFAC and the Governing body PIRSA, was an absolute joy to attend as the outcome was extremely encouraging for me and all the attendees present!At the more recent SARFAC AGM which I attended, representing SAFWAA, I was very privileged to be seated next to Martin Smallridge (Executive PIRSA) who is working very closely with SARFAC to improve Recreational Anglers relationships and doing a great job as well! I sincerely apologise to all forum members that I was not able to clarify where my enthusiasm for a RFL was coming from but at the very least, my cards are firmly on the table now!Best regards, Tony.

Well whichever way it goes I'll be keeping my licence that has no expiry date. In my mind that says it's a lifetime one and thats it PERIOD. When I moved to Vic I went in to change my licence over and did so showing my SA one. I then asked what I was to do with my SA one as it's a lifetime one. I was told to keep it then as you never know you may move back one day ( Fat Chance Of That )Ozzy

Whoaaaah what a 44 gallon tub of worms...! (as you would've expexted I guess..)What I would like to know Ozzy is what license your talkin about and how do I get 1...??? if there is some sort of "lifetime open ended license" available now to thwart future screwing by the government I want onboard now...Sorry if I missed some "obvious point" but this has gotten way outta touch with the original topic IMO and I wnat factual things we can do something about...!!!!
  • 1 year later...

C85 wrote:I'm just going to put this one out there:Is the implementation of a fishing license being pushed for by a vocal minority who are fed up with the mismanagement of fresh water fishing in this state? Certainly not. Personally I haven't fished freshwater for over a decade & even though I was once English I don't have a love affair with CarpWahoo

my viewRecreational fisherman have all ready spoken With a view to correcting some misimformation on this site.......As I did not vote for this government, and I believe that it is possible, that there are other Rec Fishers, that also did not vote for this government, How is this....They voted in the present government..... correct ?