The Long Weekend ... Did you catch the BIG ONE?

Shame about the mullie Sambo:pinch: I headed upto LBB's to do some SAFWAA stuff and had a quick flick. Baby Rainbows going nuts everywhere even 3 goign the SP at one stage. Lots of knocks but no takers sadly. Even tried small Sp's.Had a chat to LBB and grabbed his fly gear and had a crack thinking I was a sure thing. One take but didn't set the hook :S Rises everywhere but just had fun practising my new learned skill.B) Thanks again LBB.

Guest davidm#2

sounds like i was the only one that caught some carp.funny thing was up the river driving around no one was catching anything.so we explored abit, found a gd spot in the backwaters.fish jumping everywhere. caught bout 20 over 6hrs, speared two. most of them were about 2-3kg. biggest was 6-7kg on spear.oh and i nearly lost my rodyeah i had a gd weekendcheers

Hey guys sounds like it was a bit of a mixed bag this long weekend, unfortunately I was working but man alive its good to feel the sun on your back and to see those blue skies again. Just think of those uncaught fish itching to get on your hook this summer, bring it on! The nearest I got to fishing this weekend was looking at the goldfish in my pond, tragic!

I managed to snag a few good Ruggers with a mate off the upper Nth side of Yorkes, and on other days we got a heap of big leatherjackets, quite a few decent sized squid, 3 snook, incluidng one just under the metre mark, and a few 45cm+ Kgs too, including a double header of a huge LJ and a KG caught by my other 1/2 :) Great to see the warmer weather rolling in too B)

came back from streaky bay yesterday got my PB salmon of 9lb from halleys killed salmon and trevally from pt labatt and plenty of snook and big tommies in streaky, heaps of undersized KGW no squid or snaps, oh and somewhere along the the line 5 cartons of tinnies went missing :ohmy: ;) report with pics to come

Im not the best photo taker, but heres the long week end haul. Two over 60 reds (bag) and one rugga. Caught in St Vincent gulf... that should narrow it down a bit :)All three went to stinky old pillies. Still got none on plastic yet, but there are signs of another good season to come in OUR gulf.

02102010005.jpg

02102010008.jpg

02102010_0014.PNG