Sign in to follow this  
jewie

homemade/ modified squid jags

i was tinkering around in the shed today and managed to modify some lures into squid jags .i used the barbs from a couple of jags i have broken over time and a couple of lures that i had in the old tackle box.homemade jags.jpg

I would have rather been fishing today too but had to work till 12.30 and felt too Iredell to head out. I was meant to be cleaning up the shed but got sidetrackted. The jag with the red head is a yozuri which I now call a tenticool and the blue jag is a cheap eBay lure I now call a mac rattler ?? I might be going to second valley tomorrow or Monday so I will let ya know how I go. Cheers jewie

top looking jags there' date=' i once had a monster off giles grab my soft plastic..nuts![/quote']..Nearly every time I throw a 7inch jerk Shad off the jetty At Porties, I nearly always have a decent squid latch on. I can normally wind them from out deep to inclose to the jetty then switch to a squid jag and catch em.The best colour is the camo..squid love it.

hey jewie just wondering how the modified squid catchers went,i have a couple of likly cantidates siting around here at home iam looking at converting myself,have you used them yet and how did you go

You used to be able to buy a range of diving squid jigs & I searched for a while trying to source some & found some in Europe but cannot purchase any. I am wondering why they are so hard to come buy as the idea of trolling over a larger area is bound to be way more productive? Good work on the jigs mate, be interested to see how they perform.:)