• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not into stinky Carp but late last year my mate Matt Gorne talked me into joining him in a metro session. By memory it was my 1st cast and I got this beast i.e. 95.5cm @ 14.36kg.  Was also nice to

Went down to St. Peter's billabong today for an hour b4 the rain came and got 2 60+ and this 1

is the video of softy swimming in the torrens while fishing for carp on this site yet...

Posted Images

i packed the swags and rods a couple days a go an headed to big bend, tryed lures mainly coz i wanted my first native fish on lure, i didnt catch it tho :icon_e_sad:i did manage to land 2 carp on HBs tho the first one went 70cm and the second hit 75cm both cort on a TD pro vibe in the green color, my mate landed one carp on a sx-40 and the second carp he hooked was bout 80cm and busted him at his feet(that one swolled the lil lure!) they were pretty hungry! on bait we cort 38 carp al around 55cm-75cm :icon_arrow: il put pics up wen i get em

Are there any companies who would take carp of fisho's hands to make berley/meat meal or what ever? if so perhaps a carp day could be arranged to try a pull out as many of the pests as possible and make the waterways a bit cleaner !!

Pescados, yes there are. They are used by a firm tradinga s charlie carp. They market a brand of fertilizer based on carp products. Not to sure how much is carp etc etc etc, but they use it. Not sure where they are based or how they source it.The other use for them I believe is as cray bait so again someone must be collecting and selling them. As a result, a carp day which in itself would be a good idea, may not get the support it needs in having the fish disposed of in the way you suggest. Although, it would be worth looking at how the huge number of carp caught at past river comps have been disposed of.

As a result, a carp day which in itself would be a good idea, may not get the support it needs in having the fish disposed of in the way you suggest. Although, it would be worth looking at how the huge number of carp caught at past river comps have been disposed of.

We have a site owner in Sheldons Bait who will take all the carp we catch should we do a carp day.Cheers Ian
  • 4 months later...

Hey new to this and didn't realise how many fished in the torrens... I'll find the pictures later on but the best i've done was 8.2kg near the zoo, i think it was around 82cm if i remember correctly. Fought brilliantly on 6lb line, luckily i'd invested in a gaff specifically for torrens fishing. I've probably caught 15-20 around the 4.5-6.5kg mark there too, awesome fun and so easy to get to.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

caught it like 2-3 years ago. just threw in a line didn't really expect to catch anything so we didn't have a net. after about 10mins had the fish on and it took about 10mins to bring it near the bank. the banks very steep at least 1 meter to the water and i was only using light line. so my mate found a tree branch and we managed to get it through the mouth and gills without the hook coming out or the line snapping. I've been back passed the same spot and there's even more carp in there now, its at historic drive athelstone for anyone interested. I've also seen redfin in there attacking small fish.