When I first moved to Adelaide quite a few years ago I used to live in one of the residential colleges near the Uni. I fished a few times a week in the Torrens and pulled out some big carp {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gifSome of the big ones were over 1m. I used to use an 8lb handline alot just for fun. Lost some big fish to snags though. size=689http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/tkN0Apz7__1423.jpg[/img]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not into stinky Carp but late last year my mate Matt Gorne talked me into joining him in a metro session. By memory it was my 1st cast and I got this beast i.e. 95.5cm @ 14.36kg.  Was also nice to

Went down to St. Peter's billabong today for an hour b4 the rain came and got 2 60+ and this 1

is the video of softy swimming in the torrens while fishing for carp on this site yet...

Posted Images

Nice fish there Kelv; I used to bring a pack rod to uni 2 or 3 times a week and fish for carp there; some monsters too! Sometimes fish would take over 100m of 3lb line and would often 'do' me against snags.Its great fun, especially if you cast and retrieve GULP or other SPs. Pink Squidgies work well in the middle of winter too {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifwill post some pics soon....

When I was a lad many many moons ago I used to catch Carp that size (and smaller {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif) on bread under a float down Underdale/flinders park way .No one would believe the really really big ones that would swim by in those days.They may not have been the 50lb ones I have seen from England and France but they were very long .CheersI always enjoy your Pics Kelvin

• 2 weeks later...

This one was 7.1kg I think, taken on 3kg line. It was mid june a number of years back and taken during a club trip. The weather before this day was beautiful and warm. Then the rain came down the next day making it miserable and cold.Went back the following weekend to bag a couple of similar weight on 1kg on a new stick I had built.Luke, carp on lures arent a new thing. I can recall a couple of fellas from SA Landbased Fishing Club catching em on lures a while back. The fact that SA LB FC havent been around for a while now should hint as to how long ago. size=425http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/a36e6XmS__Hart_Lagoon_Carp_jpeg.JPG[/img]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest undertaker

Hi Brenton........what area are you in?"My fish" have all but shut down for the season.......sad really......The old carp are pretty good go'ers in skinny water.....your's are good looking fish too.1 x 6lb carp, will give me a bag limit of bluey's on Yorke's.......water to wine?

• 1 month later...

Gidday kingfisher,did you happen to weigh that pig, about 12 years ago my daughter caught a 17 Lb carp near kingston on murray .her first fish on a lure (i think the lure was silver wonder wobbler) using a small shimano plug caster spooled with 12Lb mono,took her 20mins to bring it to net .it was the only fish caught for 7 days on a houseboat.for a 9yr old not a bad effort i thought,

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...